Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with glue
07-02-2011, 01:05 PM,
Need help with glue
Hello, I tried my partial piece for hairline with ghostbond and it was looking amazing. However, I couldn't stick the front part of the hairline, I got no clue why.It kept lifting up when I was trying to glue the piece. And when I couldn't fix it, I tried to remove the partial and it all came off easily without any adhesive remover at all.
Also, when I was applying the glue, there was some excess glue that came toward my forehead. How could I prevent that or how could I remove that without adhesive remove.
Should I try putting the glue on the piece itself and then try it on?
Thanks
07-02-2011, 06:10 PM,
RE: Need help with glue
Thanks alot for the info. What is some good oil resistant white glue and where you buy it from?
07-02-2011, 06:40 PM,
http://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1C1RNPN_...+lace+wigs
07-02-2011, 08:30 PM,
(07-02-2011, 04:12 PM)timguyperson Wrote: Don't stick to the piece first, that will end badly.

Try some oil resistant white glue, ghost bond doesn't work well for me either.

Maybe your scalp is a bit oily or sweaty when applying too. Try to dry it with metho first, and maybe even apply a bit of liquid bandage to your scalp first.

remember the golden rules,
wash youre hands first! before you begin, soap and water
to get ridd of any natural oils on youre hands.
you dont want this comming into contact with the scalp or glue
it will affect the bond.

clean the area youre bonding youre peice to,with alchol
let it evaporate off, or dry.
speed up the proccess, using a hairdryer on warm.cool.

if you need to remove any glue from youre hair system.
follow the usual rules.

very important, time it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i leave my orwg on for around 15,18 mins.
make a note of the start time and end time on paper.
do this every time, dont guess it.

assisting the drying time with a few warm, cool shots from my hairdryer.

once the times up, if youve followed thease rules it should bond like
rock solid.

i use the handle of a thin metal comb to really get in between the hairline hairs section and firm down,with super results.
just watch not to snagg hairs when releasing comb out.

you'll fine tune youre routine, around thease rules in time.

note )**bonding wearing duration is dependant on individual body chemistry. how oily youre skin is, persperation.
glue,weather , temprature, life style.

hapy wearing
anty Smile
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM,
Here is another tip for better results.
If you lay the partial (un glued) in position on your head and then fold it back to reveal the underneath.
With a makeup pencil, mark 2 tiny dots on either side of your scalp and corresponding ones to the underneath of the base.
Then lay the partial back down in position.
Using the teeth of a comb, press the teeth along the hairline edge of the partial down on to your scalp.
You can then remove the partial and you will have the perfect indication where to apply your glue.
Once the glue has dried, you can line up the dots again and place the partial in position.
This way there will be no extra glue at the front of the piece.
07-03-2011, 05:48 AM,
Thanks a lot of the input guys. Also, on the note, I tried to get that oil resistant glue from sites like coolpieces and others but there shipping charges were ridiculous. They were around $50+, so I bought it off from ebay with very cheap shipping rates.