Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
08-03-2011, 09:16 PM,
RE: Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
Just dab it on in small little `clumps` as in the video..... the only danger is if you get `carried away`and trowel it on.....softly softly is the way to go.... Paul.
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM,
Paul, How's the new hair coming along? Are you happy and finding the fullcap easy going or are you struggling? Perhaps good days and bad? I would like to know how you're doing when you have time.
Thanks Paul.
08-03-2011, 09:57 PM,
Thanks, Paul. Smile
08-03-2011, 10:34 PM,
No problem Justin....you`re welcome.
Hi Bunglebonce...... hmmm.....no real issues/problems really ..had a little [not much] itching at the start....once it settles-in and has been washed a bit, the loose hairs come out ....your scalp gets used to the feel of the [heavier] French lace ..you get `acclimatised`to it...... no am quite happy so far......gave it an actual light shampooing last night ----first time in 3 weeks.... and then applied conditioner[the sulfate-free one].... I`ve been using the `` It`s a 10`` conditioner for the last few weeks [there`s a thread on the forum there about it ] in between a regular `shampoo & condition` ..... I find that any system can begin to look a little `tired` after a few weeks even with daily application of leave-in conditioner.....that`s the time I when I give it a little shampoo/conditioner to freshen it up again....... so overall....very happy and no `off`days at all really. In an ideal world, none of us would have to wear, so this game will always have an element of being `second-best` but hell, with doing a bit of research, a good template and specifications, and a reasonable care-routine, this is the next best thing to having all your own hair...... happy wearing guys... Paul.
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM,
as Tim said you can put your pictures on paint and simply saved them as .jpeg!
08-03-2011, 11:13 PM,
Thanks Paul. That's encouraging to read. 'Next best thing' is more than good enough for me! Smile I'm going to try an all thinskin with 2inches of lace at the front, see how that goes then order an all lace system. I know people say the thinskin can be hot and noisy, but others swear by them. If I don't order, I'll never find out for myself.
I downloaded JRobs pre-order film and will make a template tonight and send it to John as soon as I'm happy with it.

Thanks again Paul and thanks JRob for making the vid, very helpful indeed.
08-03-2011, 11:26 PM,
The only thing to remember with anything like `Poly` --especially in the case of a full-cap, it that in the event of the density being on the high-side, you won`t be able to thin it as easily as a lace system as it`s `constructed` differently...... hopefully they`ll get it right for you anyway... I prefer lace as it allows the scalp to breath better..especially in summer weather ..also if you want to use something like `Got2B` glued.... it`ll come off far more easily as the water in the shower will just go through the lace on to it and release it..... there are plus-es and minus-es with any materials....it`s a case of seeing how you get on with one over another.Hope it all works out for you anyway...keep us posted.. Paul.
08-04-2011, 12:44 AM,
Good point re: skin and density Paul. I think I will order an all lace to start with and thin out, if needs be, then try the all thinskin. I think one of JRobs tips is go for all lace first because it's more forgiving for beginners. Thanks for your help Paul. Will keep you posted.
08-04-2011, 08:10 AM,
great hair paul,but then youre a pro,
do you worry when you frown, as that action moves the scalp , extending to the nape?
went out on my mountain bike today, after a £40 service,
i think its the first time iv rode it with my hair system.
anyway despite the front hairline thining a tadd,i love sfsl,
wish id bought a second sfsl front instead of skin,which iv yet to wear.
who knows i might like it when the time comes.
like paul, when you mentioned leaving some growing hair to give you a buffer margin between the system hair and your own.
i like lace for the same reason.
gives a buffer before the hairline, and even with lift, it looks like a flake of skin or hair.
anyway.
anyway enjoySmile
08-04-2011, 08:10 AM,
great hair paul,but then youre a pro,
do you worry when you frown,raise youre eyebrows high, as that action moves the scalp , extending to the nape?
went out on my mountain bike today, after a £40 service,
i think its the first time iv rode it with my hair system.
anyway despite the front hairline thining a tadd,i love sfsl,
wish id bought a second sfsl front instead of skin,which iv yet to wear.
who knows i might like it when the time comes.
like paul, when you mentioned leaving some growing hair to give you a buffer margin between the system hair and your own.
i like lace for the same reason.
gives a buffer before the hairline, and even with lift, it looks like a flake of skin or hair.
anyway.
anyway enjoySmile