Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
08-04-2011, 08:21 AM,
RE: Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
No there is no issue with `movement` Anty...it`s not even a thing which would have occured to me.... I must do a few new pics soon [ will post on this thread] just showing how this system looks now after a few weeks of wear...... probably do some tomorrow...regards, Paul.
08-04-2011, 09:24 AM,
That's right, the hair does settle down and look better the older the system gets. I find, at least. Smile

Looking forward to the pictures, Paul. Smile
08-05-2011, 03:01 AM,
Ok guys...took a few with Digital cam...they uploaded fine but were too big, so deleted the post again..will have to re-size them using that site/programme that andrei_eremenko posted...meantime, a few using my old webcam thing..... note the one showing that I have left a very small amount of my growing hair on in order to give a better optical illusion to the casual observer...especially for the sideburn area.... there is a little growing hair there `tight`to the head and the system hair sitting over it...
OK....have re -sized these now... not sure if there is much of an improvement in pic-quality though....
PS..... the last 5 pics are the re-sized Digital camera pics...... thanks Andrei_eremenko for that link....it`s very handy.....the shine is caused by the flash from the camera...... anyway, gives you guys some idea of how things are.....

Attached Files Image(s)

08-05-2011, 04:19 AM,
Paul, you seem to have a lot more natural hair than me.

I went bald at 17 and now I only have a bit round the ears and about two inches at the back, and my nape is balding too.

Your pics look excellent. A good head of natural looking hair is what we all aspire to. Smile
08-05-2011, 04:31 AM,
Hi Justin..... that`s a hard deal ..losing your hair so young.... I got away with it until into my 30s...... and up to recently, I got away with a topper... don`t be fooled by that pic...my hair is just totally thin.... so thin that I just couldn`t be bothered anymore with trying to blend a system in on to it .... my only choice then was fullcap.... this is still new to me .... I need to apply a little water now and some leave-in conditioner as I can feel the hair is a little dry [despite the `shine`on the digital pics] I`ve washed and conditioned it on Tuesday evening...time now to keep it moistened..... The amount of hair you now describe as having, is exactly the stage I am at.....best regards, Paul.
08-05-2011, 07:37 AM,
I find full cap system hair seems to dry out quite a bit. I don't mind a greasy look. Often conditioner and other products don't seem to keep it soft enough.

This morning I went to an event and wore my full cap. It felt really dry so I applied a little goose fat - perhaps not recommended, but it looks okay.
08-05-2011, 07:55 AM,
This is a good product for very dry hair..... it should be readily available in UK....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joshua-Galvin-...0818080155
08-05-2011, 08:12 AM,
(08-05-2011, 07:55 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: This is a good product for very dry hair..... it should be readily available in UK....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joshua-Galvin-...0818080155

Goose fat doesn't smell you know. Just in case you thought it might. Wink

Thanks for the link.

Here's a (very bad) pic of my full cap. I like it messy. I'll see if I can get a better pic next time.

Attached Files Image(s)

08-06-2011, 02:11 AM,
Is that a Salon-supplied system ? From what I can see it looks quite a good style etc....but as you say, system hair can really suffer from loss of moisture/oils ...frequent shampooing worsens the situation...... keeping the hair in as good a condition as long as possible is my main concern.... I actually hardly even bond this on at all ..just the part in front of the ears and the first little bit of the front hairline..... it sits in quite snugly at the back so why go to the bother of using loads of products to bond it on and then have the clean-up chore... I pop this off my head nightly.... prefer not to sleep with it on..but that`s just me ..I know everyone`s circumstances are different.... Paul.
08-13-2011, 02:46 PM,
(08-03-2011, 11:13 PM)Bunglebonce Wrote: I downloaded JRobs pre-order film and will make a template tonight and send it to John as soon as I'm happy with it.

Thanks again Paul and thanks JRob for making the vid, very helpful indeed.

Glad the video helped you out. Hopefully with the video now available and pros like Paul posting pictures of good looking units we will see more and more guys taking the plunge into full cap wearing. It's always great to have options!