Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
06-28-2011, 08:48 AM,
Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
Ok guys, did a bit of thinning over the weekend with a similar product to `Nair`...went REALLY slowly/used only tiny amounts until I was sure of what I was doing..... not much hair came out initially,so I re-applied it but a little more heavily...just dabbed on spots here and there with a very small artist brush...... rinsed it out after a few mins. under running water [no shampoo] I did more next day ..my main thought was not to go overboard with the product if it appeared that ``not enough`hair was coming out when I brushed it.. I figured that any hairs not coming out immediately, would most likely be weakened so that they will shed from the system in the next day or two ..sure enough, I gave it a good brush-through this evening and a nice lot of hair has come out..... I`ll wait now to see whether more will shed tomorrow, and I may/may not then proceed with more thinning.... took some pics this evening and again, my webcam exaggerates everything ..it now looks thinner that it actually is .... I had just applied some leave-in conditioner so the hair looks a little shiny/damp. I`m very very pleased with the back/nape area.......the hair is sitting very flush against the skin there and not sticking out ..that was one of my main worries....... this thing fits SO well/snugly that I haven`t even bothered with doing a bond at all today --just sat it onto the head....very pleased with the whole thing overall ..excellent hair -quality and the ventilation direction is spot-on as I requested.....the kind of ` stark`black color has now faded as I was thinking it would but I`d still like opinions on whether you`d think a `1b` would suit me better than a `1 `...I`m quite pleased with the `1`[Black] ...don`t really care if people think I`m after coloring my hair to hide grey ..at least I have a full head of hair [so they think !! lol] It`s so nice to feel you have `good`hair again after putting up with thin crap hair for so long..... I should`ve gone fullcap 2 yrs ago !! Also. 2 friends visited me today from a different part of Ireland ..they last saw me in December when I was wearing a [color] 1b Topper... I deliberately `watched`them to see if they`d look at the new system... they didn`t bat an eyelid !!!! Proves that we wearers often amplify things in our minds as to `` people are looking at me/my hair`` ....cheers guys, Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

06-28-2011, 09:33 AM,
RE: Fullcap..thinned out a bit--pics.
WOWSERS! Paul, that's amazing looking! You must be as happy as a pig in...well, you know wot I mean. Very natural looking. Nape looks excellent.

Keep the pics coming.
By the way Paul, did you shave your head all over to get a snug fit?
06-28-2011, 05:55 PM,
looks good but as you post a lot of pics why dont you invest in a better camera ?
06-28-2011, 07:59 PM,
Hi guys ..thanks for comments.... Bunglebonce---yeah it`s more or less all gone now except for a few millimeters at the nape which I`ll leave grow down under the system hair just to give a better visual impression from the back if I incline my head forward and down....if the system hair tended to rise/lift from the nape a bit it would look grand with a bit of growing hair underneath ....I`ve left a little bit of the sideburns again for the same reason...any slight `lifting`of the system hair will not be so obvious with a little growing hair against the skin......
I have a digital camera sagem, but I had problems uploading the pics from it into the site here before....don`t know what the issue was but it`s just wrecked my head....I`m not the most patient of people and when it comes to PC`s .... no patience at all !! lol ! That webcam thing I use gives a kind of `artificial`look to things at times...the system looks better in reality and the thinned area is not as thin as it looks in those pics..but it gives an idea anyway of how the nape /overall system looks.....Thanks again guys, Paul.
06-29-2011, 02:06 AM,
Paul, looks great! You look like a young guy, why would people think you are colouring you hair?
06-29-2011, 02:30 AM,
(06-29-2011, 02:06 AM)winstonage Wrote: Paul, looks great! You look like a young guy, why would people think you are colouring you hair?

Hi winstonage...thanks for that... I`m actually in my early 50s but wearing makes me look a lot younger..... one of the guys said that by having color `1 ` [Jet-Black ] it might look like I was a guy who had grey hairs and who was hiding them by using a black color in my hair, so it would kind of ``draw attention``...well again this morning, I had my regular dental check-up and neither the receptionist nor the dentist ,who is naturally working at close quarters, gave me any more than their usual `attention` so it must be nothing out of the ordinary to the casual observer...Paul.
06-29-2011, 02:52 AM,
Paul, we are similar, I am in my late 50's and have very little grey, and have been told I look much younger. I have often wondered if people thought I colour my hair, so I have been progressively adding grey to my pieces the last couple of years. I started at 5% and ordered 15% on my last order. I think it will be more age appropriate. I was blessed, I had a grandmother on my mother's side who died at 89 with black hair and she didn't dye it. Unfortunately, on the other side, my dad was bald at 25!
06-29-2011, 03:34 AM,
You got the short straw too ! I have a brother in Boston and his hair is like steel-wool yet my other brother and myself have crap hair !! My father and all his brothers had fine hair which soon thinned out .... at least we have a solution now which people some years back just had to put up with...... I might start to add in a bit of grey in time..it can make a guy look `mature`and is totally appropriate....... I think nowadays though, there isn`t really the `shock-factor` anymore that guys are more inclined to take more of an interest in their general appearance/hair etc. NO WAY would I not wear hair though !! lol. Cheers man... Paul.
06-29-2011, 04:34 AM,
Nape area looks great, temples are right on....I knew you would pull this off Paul!

That is also a great cut and a perfect "compromise" style that is short enough to give that added bit of realism yet long enough to make it easy to wear.
Your hair always looked good but now you don't have anything to blend and your side and back hair looks 100% healthy.

How would you rate the full cap experience so far? It would seem to me it's a slam dunk.
06-29-2011, 04:56 AM,
Thanks again JRob.....and the fact that I trawled through your e-book on your site before making the template helped a lot to get the correct fit..... so for any guys contemplating the fullcap route, check out JRob`s site.... he`s the man ! http://hairjive.com/blog/