Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Cap Ordering tips?
06-29-2011, 05:35 AM,
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips?
(06-27-2011, 05:48 AM)LTB Wrote: Thanks for the reply TL!
Have to agree that JRobs photos do look good but even in some of his photos the full cap looks,well like a full cap in certain areas.

Are you currently wearing a partial unit?

It has been said many times before but you have to remember that you are looking at wigs on a website that sells wigs. You will always be able to pick out "flaws" that normal people wouldn't bat an eye at. With a partial unit this could be a slight color or blend mismatch or a hairline that is too full in relation to the temple points or any number of other things. I see guys on the street all the time that look "questionable", but even I can't tell for sure if they are wearing most of the time.

Non-surgical hair replacement is all about compromise. Some guys are lucky enough to have thick, healthy side and back hair that is easy to match a partial to, but the reality for most of us is that we have to work with less than ideal conditions and find what works best for us based upon our own set of circumstances.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know what you are getting yourself into before taking the plunge but you have to be careful not to fall into the trap of over analyzing things. Your complaints are totally legit and I agree that the nape and temple areas are the main areas of concern but 100% perfection 100% of the time to 100% of people just isn't realistic in this game. With a partial or a full cap you will have good hair days and bad hair days and that there is very little chance of someone figuring out that you wear but there is always a slight possibility that could happen. To me, the simple fact that I no longer have to worry about color match and blending takes a HUGE weight off my shoulders and makes the negative aspects of wearing a full cap seem pretty trivial.

Quote:So is there a density plan for full caps and if there isn't maybe one could be made to help with ordering.

I always the thickest density in the back, slightly thinner on the sides, and thinnest in the temple point areas and on the top. 70/68/65/65 would work well for most people.

Quote:I agree about the nape of the neck problem,maybe a different lace construction there would help with the movement issue?

Unfortunately I don't see this issue being resolved any time soon. The key to a good attachment in this area is maintenance. Keep your attachments fresh and make sure you touch up every couple of days and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Quote:Maybe the stretch lace or individual joined sections or a combination of both?

I haven't tried this yet but John mentioned the stretch lace in the past and I think it would work great over the ears. You need to design the unit carefully because there is a stress area right where the top of the ear meets the sideburn but I think if they could build it with the stretch lace starting in the middle of the sideburn and extending back behind the ear that would be an excellent base design.

Quote:Another question would be what is the best ventilation direction at the temple points for a more natural look?

Down and back.

Unfortunately this is still a weak point. Factories have been making full caps for ages but since most of them were worn by women who kept the hair longer they never really perfected the art of ventilating these with the skill that they ventilate the hairlines.

I would send a picture of the style you want and draw in the ventilation on the template. If there is any issue you can use a perming solution to re position the hairs when the unit arrives. There is a special technique to this and you have to be careful but it can help to make the hair lay in the direction you want it to.

Aside from that, make sure you build a good template. Having a little taper in the back (less fullness around the ears) can give added realism. Also, strong temple points generally look best. You don't want to go overboard but I have found that going against my "less is more" instinct works best in that area.

Let us know how it goes!

Messages In This Thread
Full Cap Ordering tips? - LTB - 06-26-2011, 09:51 PM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - ToplaceUSA - 06-27-2011, 01:58 AM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - LTB - 06-27-2011, 05:48 AM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - JRob - 06-29-2011, 05:35 AM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - LTB - 06-29-2011, 07:19 AM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - JRob - 06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - dino1 - 06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
RE: Full Cap Ordering tips? - LTB - 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM