Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lifting hairline lace rant:(
06-24-2011, 05:30 AM,
lifting hairline lace rant:(
had a pretty bad hair day today.
what worries me is despite following the rules.
frontal touch up(sfsl)
normally a breeze.gauranteed to be done in 15 mins.
but for whatever reason the lace lifted and had to redo.
which meant starting the routine again.
clean up with alchol,picking glue from lace,
then spraying alchol onto front scalp.leaving to dry few mins, to make sure using a hairdryer on warm to speed up the process.
i allways wash my hands so theres no danger of oils from my finger contaminating the glue,
made a little mistake and tried to get a few stray fly away hairs to stay in place using hairspray.
straight after bond, what does hairspray contain, alchol,rekon that could of instantly loosened the bond.
i use orwg,this is a new one, so theres no date issue.
came back from town today a after a new bond, and there was a little lift at the front side, im thinking bloody hell that looked almost visible not just to me.
so pressed down and was ok.
you kinda loose a bitt of confidence thinking, dam i hope its not constantly slowley lifting while im out.
allways been used to a super strong bond knowing i can leave the house with confidence and get on with my day.
its around 24 hrs before the bond is truly "cured" adhered to the scalp surface.
systems 8 month old in great condition minimul shedding, well to my eyes.
leave orwg on for 15-19 mins timed,everytime written down on paper, start end duration.
06-25-2011, 04:41 AM,
RE: lifting hairline lace rant:(
having seid the above, i de bonded my peice today after 3weeks.
clean up not to bad,washing the peice ok.
bond, superb.i cant even see the lace and i did the bond.
also the above post i made was the first reall bad experiance in 8 month, not bad, for exposng the hairline.kinda puts it in perspectve.
now iv got my peice washed bonded, looking superb.
no worrys for another 3 weeks.
im as happy as hell.
06-30-2011, 03:19 PM,
RE: lifting hairline lace rant:(
I bond for 3 weeks at a time pretty easily. I use the Ghost Bond with a tape on all the edges besides the front, and then when I debond, I use De-solv-it in the shower and my head is cleaned up super easy. Basically for 3 weeks at a time I treat my head like a normal head of hair besides for 1 day. Very easy.