Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking to order a full cap and need some help..
06-22-2011, 08:41 AM,
looking to order a full cap and need some help..
after ordering a stock piece a while ago i realized that my side and back hair is way too thin to look good with a topper (even at low density with concealers.). i have been doing more research on these forums and have decided that a full cap is my only option. i have made a template and am looking to order as soon as possible but have a few questions.

1. i have included a picture of the style i am trying to acheive and would like to know the specs on such a piece..or would i just be able to send this picture with my template?

2. i unfortunately live in a very rural area and would have to travel quite a distance to get a cut in...would it be possible to send the piece to Debbie to have her cut it in and if so how much extra time would that take? and how much extra would it cost?

3. also from the time my order is received how long should i expect to wait for the piece to arrive?

Attached Files Image(s)

06-22-2011, 09:00 AM,
RE: looking to order a full cap and need some help..
Hi russ832 , Debbie`s cut-in services etc. are here http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/...ds_004.htm
You can pay her and John can send your system to her once it arrives from the factory......my latest system [fullcap] only arrived last week having sent in the template the last few days in March so it took a bit longer than the usual 6 weeks.... so you could probably factor in 6 to 9 or 10 weeks, but the average is around 7. By all means send in that pic with your order.....depending on your age, a lower to medium density is appropriate for `older`guys ... guys in their 20s can/do look better with a higher density... Debbie can do the `heavy work`and once you get the system, you could then always go to a local stylist for a little `nip and tuck` if you need it...... the pic will help John to let the factory see what you`d like....... Paul.
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM,
thanks for the quick response...im actually 24 years old and am going for the exact density and look as in the picture. i will be sending the picture along with my template and hairsample for texture and colour but would i need to actually indicate a density % and whether i want curl, wave, freestlye etc...or would that all be self explanitory from the picture?

also what kind of base would be best for this style considering it will be my first piece

thanks.
06-22-2011, 07:23 PM,
I think just bodywave would be enough....it`s just one step from straight hair.....French lace will be more robust for a fullcap ....you could have a Swisslace front hairline if you intended to expose the front by styling the hair differently from time to time. Link to JRrob`s site...he `s the expert in fullcaps, anything you want to know about fullcaps is on there http://hairjive.com/blog/ Freestyle is about the easiest to `work`with but John will help you with that...have a look through JRob`s site there especially at his e-book. Paul.
06-25-2011, 09:23 AM,
Paul nailed it as usual.

Get an all French lace base for your first unit. Very forgiving but still undetectable.

I would do 70% density with bodywave curl, forward ventilation.

That style will be super easy to pull off with a full cap. It is always better to have it cut in when it is on your head, but since you aren't going with a short style you can probably get away with sending it out for a cut in if you don't mind doing some minor touch ups when you finally get it attached.