Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisible Thread
06-20-2011, 11:20 PM,
Invisible Thread
Can someone tell me under what circumstances posts and threads are removed or censored on this forum?
Yesterday I spent a while addressing an issue in a thread started by a newbie.

The point I was making was that no question from a newbie should really be considered 'dumb' because when you first start out it can be very confusing, and if you don't ask, then you don't learn.

I don't believe anything contentious was said in the replies, but a couple of hours later, the entire thread disappeared.
Is there a reason for this?
06-20-2011, 11:26 PM,
RE: Invisible Thread
Seems rather strange that it was deleted?
Haven't got a clue what the criteria is regarding moderation etc.. on here??
06-21-2011, 05:02 AM,
Strange indeed!
I'm sure you remember it Tim. It was only yesterday.
It started as a dialogue between you and the newbie and then I butted in and it became a conversation between just us.
There was nothing in any of that worthy of whipping it of the forum board was there?

Its just if that happens frequently, on purpose or otherwise, it makes you not want to bother.
06-22-2011, 05:36 PM,
Ok, I'm getting paranoid now!

Again last night I spent time replying to a post by avj99 and AGAIN this morning the whole thread was removed.
avj99 original post was asking about a system not supplied by TopLace.
I was telling him it was redundant to ask for advice & experiences, from customers using a forum, run by a company that doesn't even sell the type of hair system he's asking about.

Is this why it has been removed?
Are we not allowed to discuss other types of systems/products out there?

I'd like to know the ground rules please!
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM,
Ok, I think I've been pointing the finger at the wrong culprit!

Its nothing to do with some one from TopLace censoring threads.

Its avj99 (the original author of the post) that keeps deleting the threads.
If he gets an answer he doesn't want to hear, he just deletes the thread.
He then goes on to repost the exact same question.
He's actually more interested in asking questions than he is in getting a solution.
Maybe its because I told him he had a wig wearing equivalent of Munchausen Syndrome combined with a phalacrophobia dysmorphia!

Some people can be SO sensitive!
06-23-2011, 05:31 AM,
(06-22-2011, 06:48 PM)Hersute Wrote: Maybe its because I told him he had a wig wearing equivalent of Munchausen Syndrome combined with a phalacrophobia dysmorphia!

Yes, I deleted the post because I thought users on here are more mature than having to resort to name calling. I prefer not to reduce myself to that level.