Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how would you compare ba thin lace to toplace?
06-21-2011, 03:54 AM,
RE: how would you compare ba thin lace to toplace?
But that is only possible if you can be sure whose lace is really the finest.
You might make that conscious decision to compromise, only to find out that a supplier's lace described as "thinnest" is in reality thicker than another company's Swiss or even French lace.
If the names alone mean nothing, there should be an alternative way to gauge their actual thickness.
06-21-2011, 04:10 AM,
Of course. Relative terms doesn't work very well. To be on the safe side you should go with absolute terms. Best thing would be every supplier describes his materials by physical material thickness and holes per square inch. Thin lace aka 'French Lace' is approx. 0.19mm, Thinner lace aka 'Swiss Lace' is approx. 0.12 and thinnest lace aka 'Ultra Lace' is approx. 0.08mm. The amount of holes may vary from something in the 40's to something in the 50's per square inch.
06-21-2011, 04:48 AM,
Thats a BRILLIANT reply!

Thank you for that info.
Invaluable!
06-22-2011, 12:06 AM,
I've seen "Swiss" lace from most of the big online sellers. Without commenting on other companies, Toplace Swiss lace is one of the more durable ones I've used- and it's still thin enough to be used at the front hairline without worry.
06-24-2011, 08:12 AM,
I concur, Toplaces sfs isn't the thinnest I have seen, but it has a decent amount of durability it appears.