Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how would you compare ba thin lace to toplace?
06-18-2011, 03:54 PM,
how would you compare ba thin lace to toplace?
Ba Apparant lists a new thin lace that he and many users are saying is very thin and newbie easy to get to disappear. How does this compare to what toplace calls super thin swiss lace? Anyone have experience or had their hands on this lace? I am speaking only of the base material here.
06-19-2011, 02:18 AM,
RE: how would you compare ba thin lace to toplace?
I too would be very much interested in hearing an unbiased opinion about these two bases.
I'm not sure how long these 'new' materials have been going, so it may still be too early to make a complete judgement.
My interest is focused upon invisibility and durability, by comparing the two brands with each other and with simple Swiss Lace.
06-19-2011, 11:52 PM,
I have never tried the thin swiss from BA but i have recieved a very durable Swiss lace from another internet company and i have to say that in over 7 months i have never experienced any fraying which is a godsend,especially where Swiss lace is concerned!!
I doubt this is the same lace that BA uses though as,like Tim says,some people are saying that BAs lace does fray.
I have to say that all Swiss lace pieces i have ever recieved from other companies,including here at Toplace,will almost certainly disappear if attatched properly.
The durability is the main issue with Swiss and maybe John could look at what options are available for him regarding that lace i mentioned.
06-20-2011, 02:54 AM,
To be fair, almost every lace material frays under certain circumstances. The thinner the lace the more it frays. It's just a physical fact.

Most of you might not know that there are probably between 20 and 30 different kinds of lace materials that look pretts much the same at first sight. But they are made with different threads and with different holes and different patterns. This is also the reason why it doesn't have to be that i.e. Swiss Lace of company A is the same as Swiss Lace of company B and so on and on.

As a matter of fact there is no such thing like Swiss Lace and French Lace and what ever you would like to call it lace. These names were made up many years ago. All lace materials have just numbers which indicate the used thread and the hole amount per square inch.
06-20-2011, 03:26 AM,
You, that's true and if one reads all the postings on BA's site about the "new thin lace" he's now not recommending it as "it takes too long to get".

Smile
06-20-2011, 05:09 AM,
semprecapelli
You are SO right that 'Swiss Lace' is just a generic term and not an indication or guarantee of what you might receive.
Thats why I was really hoping someone would have done a side-by-side comparison as both companies are now claiming to have finer Swiss Lace, but this claim depends upon the thickness of their ordinary Swiss Lace.
In your experience do you think retailers would be forthcoming giving customers the numbers which indicate the used thread and the hole amount per square inch?
Also, do you think its better to have more or fewer holes per square inch?

FredTJ
Are you referring to posts made as of today, or much older ones?
There are posts there from people having received the thinner lace just this week and BA claiming he has it 'nailed'?
I have no idea what the quality of their previous lace was, so claiming the new batch is thinner & better means nothing to me.
06-20-2011, 05:19 AM,
The best lace I have seen was from a company that I do not believe operates outside of their country in Italy.. I think they tried to sell globally but stopped.. Either way they had laces that went from their thinnest to strongest in different grades that u can pick from .. the first grade was so invisible it was amazing, but very fragile. the 2nd and 3rd grades still was invisible but had more durability to it. I would say their grade 3 or grade 4 is similar to the invisibility of most online companies sfs.. except theirs had more durability.
06-20-2011, 05:35 AM,
Hi Xeon005

Were they retailers or manufacturers?
It would be a shame if someone producing a good quality product was prevented from expanding because they were driven out of the market place by others selling cheaper but inferior products.
We all have wasted a lot of money in the past by receiving products we're not happy with.
Sometimes it more economical to pay a bit more but get what you really want.

I've just posted the following on another thread:
"Wouldn't it be great to be able to go to a 'Trade Fair' where retailers (or direct to public manufacturers) were all under one roof and we could see the quality and products first hand before spending our money?
These sort of conventions exist for most consumables, so I'd be surprised if they didn't exist for hair pieces.
If anyone knows of such an event, please speak up! "
06-20-2011, 10:01 PM,
(06-20-2011, 05:09 AM)Hersute Wrote: In your experience do you think retailers would be forthcoming giving customers the numbers which indicate the used thread and the hole amount per square inch?Also, do you think its better to have more or fewer holes per square inch?

I think they won't, but who knows, give it a try and ask John. Besides that, going with more or fewer holes is not really a question of what is better. It has something to do with invisibility, durability, hair density and hairstyle. But I can assure you, in the end the decision is rather emotional than rational.
06-21-2011, 01:43 AM,
Actually the whole which lace thing or what kind of hairsystem thing is pretty simple. It always depends only on what your expectations are. Example: if invisibility and undetactability count most for a person than there is no alternative as going with the thinnest lace available. Of course that would probably mean you have to go with approx. six units per year, but hey, that's the way it is and nobody in the world can change that. Every thing else in this particular case would mean to compromise and to lower your original expectations.