Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie - First thread post - Seeking knowledge
06-25-2011, 08:05 AM,
RE: Newbie - First thread post - Seeking knowledge
It's been about 3 - 4 weeks now and I'm finally starting to get the hang of all this.

I've developed a method that allows me to leave my hair on for about 4-5 days, I do a partial clean up on the front hairline, then reattach. It's been working perfectly. My system looks 5x better than the previous picture I posted.

If there are any new guys out there, remember, a little glue goes a long way. One of my biggest mistakes was using way too much glue on the front hairline - it just doesn't need it. Another HUGE mistake I made, use something flat and metallic to lay down the front hairline. I use a butter knife. It's important to not use your fingers, a towel, a microfiber cloth etc... all of those items leave natural oils or tiny fibers in the glue mesh which will make it detectable.
06-25-2011, 08:29 AM,
This has always been mentioned on the forum in many many posts/threads..... ALWAYS lay on your glues THINLY and allow time to `cure`[ go VERY tacky] before applying subsequent coats and then , finally, laying down the lace onto it...failure to do so will result in glue going through the lace onto the bottom of the hair shafts and making lumps/ clumps which will give you an almighty job to rectify....... it`s understandable for newbies to apply too much in their anxiety to make sure the system stays on..... these glues are speciality products and are not like `ordinary`adhesives you might have in your house for domestic use.....it`s VITAL to allow the glue to go very tacky...it`s also simple ! The use of an implement such as a flat metal item is good advice.....oils from you skin, if it gets onto lace, can cause premature lifting of the lace as it prevents the glue adhering fully to the lace. How is that issue you had now JamesJr ? The hair went into a bunch/ clump ? Have you had any further issues and have you tried a more regular application of conditioner ? Just wondering ...glad you`re `relaxing` a bit more with it now ..initial teething problems can be off-putting, but it`s worth bearing with it...... Paul.
06-25-2011, 08:34 PM,
james jr, you'll refine youre routine, in time like i , we all did ,do,
you'll change something here and there, until youve got youre own routine so tight and working.
im sitting here typing this on a sat morning, listening to the radio, content as hell.my hair looks great after yesterdays de bond.
clean up, ect.
i cant even see the lace @ my hairline and i bonded it lol, i only know it there by touch.
you know what , i rekon it would start positive thinking, debate if a wearer told freinds , hey i wear.(some do)
but you can gaurantee therell be folk who would think bloody hell, it looks fantasic, i think i'll wear.
thats how good 21st century systems, adhesives are.
only thing that stops people wearing is, social stigma,but even thats twisted because its stigma of the old 70,s systems that folk have ingrained into there heads.
rambling, hell yeah! passion does that.
antySmile
07-01-2011, 11:47 AM,
my system has started losing some color... it's become much lighter.
i'm still a newb in a lot of areas... is dying an option?
07-01-2011, 08:00 PM,
Hmmm.. very `early`for the color to lighten...have you been out in very strong sunlight? Usually color-lift happens over time from oxidation and frequent shampooing etc. You certainly can deepen the color again....you`d have to choose the correct color for your hair...I`d advise you to go to your stylist for advice on which brand and most importantly which shade you require. There are `permanent`color products and semi-permanent.....the permanent ones are harsh on [especially] system hair. Have a read through this site..... http://www.thebeautybiz.com/80/article/h...ight-color
There`s a large store near me which caters for stylists and the public....certain products are only sold to `Professionals` but I was never asked any `questions`when I got my tube of Black and bottle of Creme peroxide to mix it with.... System hair really `Grabs`color compared to growing hair and the general wisdom is not to allow color products in for more than approx. 3 mins or the color will be far too deep...... you also need to be careful to keep it off the base material or it will permanently stain/mark it so you`d put some of the mix onto a comb and very carefully [holding the system base-up] gently `draw`the mix through the hair from near the base to the tips.... THE kindest product for system hair is `` Back2natural`` [and recommended by Toplace] ....it`s a conditioner and blends the system hair color to the growing hair.... it`s made by ADF hair especially for system hair...for some reason I cannot access their site... but the product is available here.. http://www.hairdirect.com/store/back2nat...4QodOGvaXw ... it would be best to send them a pic of your hair and ask which one may be for you...your color is `tricky` in that it`s usually a case of darker hair `lightening` to brown/red-ish shades, and the wearer wants to darken it down again ..your hair is already that color and I can only assume that it`s now turning to a blond-ish color ? Just do a bit of research anyway before proceeding......the `Back2natural` is / would be THE ideal product if you can get it in your shade....regards, Paul.
07-03-2011, 04:06 AM,
i def over-washed when i first received the piece. i also spent a ton of time in direct sunlight one of the first weeks and wasn't using conditioner. i've learned since then. yes, it's turning much more blonde. the hair still feels pretty natural, i'm baby-ing the system now for sure.

it's not too bad being my hair is blonde as well, but i can notice - it's driving me crazy. i'll check out that back2natural stuff. i need a hair cut, so ill talk to my stylist today as well.

thanks for your help.