Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie - First thread post - Seeking knowledge
06-18-2011, 03:09 AM,
Newbie - First thread post - Seeking knowledge
I've been browsing the forum. You all have been providing great information.

I want to say I'm a total new wearer. I'm 22 and it's been very difficult for me to deal with all of this/incorporate this into my lifestyle for the last 2 weeks. Some people have noticed my hair is fuller, have commented on how I should leave it grown out, others I feel looking at my hair as if trying to solve a puzzle. It's a little scary. I've let a few people in on the secret and they have been nothing but supportive, but as I'm sure you're all aware - it doesn't just become easy overnight.

I just bought my first partial frontal. I'm having a few issues I would like your help;

What are your tips on laying down the front hairline? Do you have a method?
How do you deal with stray hairs?
My system is a little "shinny" still. I notice this mostly in the sunlight. Is there a way to fix this?
How close is too close when cutting the lace on the front hairline? I think I have a little lace that I can cut away.
06-18-2011, 03:31 AM,
RE: Newbie - First thread post - Seeking knowledge
@ your last question.

You could cut the lace at your hairline as far as you like. I cut all off but this my matter of taste. The only thing that will happen is that it will be harder to attach and clean if you cut all off, but its alot better looking.
06-18-2011, 04:15 AM,
hi JamesJr, I always cut the excess lace back to the hairline itself...other wearers like to leave 2 or 3 millimeters excess ----the problem with that is it can become more visible to the casual glance and in certain lighting conditions, especially if the glue or tape underneath gets dust/grit from the air, sticking to it... it will lead to a visible `line`. Once you wash your system a few times the shine will fade....the factory sprays silicone-based `finishing ` product onto the hair before shipping... in the meantime, you could use a similar product on your own hair to match the shine on the system -hair ! ....... I`m not too sure what you mean by `stray hairs`..can you be more specific ? I use glue for the front hairline. One of the guys recently advised that he uses a comb `flat down` to press the very front edge onto the glue and avoid ripples....... I hope that helps...... don`t worry about other people...most of them will soon forget about your new-look and get on with their daily lives/issues...... regards, Paul.
06-18-2011, 07:25 AM,
JamesJr , hi!
been there, and yes its a very scarey time.
strangers im sure youll agree arnt a problem, its the people who know you , or saw you maybee yesterday prior to wearing and immediatley after.youre workmates, freinds ect
I remember coming out of the salon with my wacky hair, I called it wacky as it hadn’t settled it,and was a tadd unruly.i didn’t like the style.
I honestly knew the hair looked great , the style I didn’t like.
I was worried about meeting folk I knew on the way back home,the first ten miles was fine it was by train from the coast to the city.
Then once in the city, I know a lot of people in the local shopping mall, and managed to avoid them and catch another bus home other than my usual one ,
Avoidance really.

But after that, you just tell folk , I’ve changed my style, been to the salon,
One girl said you’ve got more hair, my sister said you seem to have more hair,
But just say ohh, it’s the style, does that,

But honestly once everyone’s seen it, it’s like going on stage for the first time, bloody terrifying.
But not nearly as bad as you anticipate,

Let’s keep one mega important fact in mind.
Your mega preoccupied with your hair, other folk don’t give a dam,
There not on heightened alert, there just going about their business and that that.
Only person really worried and anxious, getting things out of proportion is you.

After a few weeks it get easier, and before you know where you are you’ve overcome the transition stage.
Which is the hardest thing of all.
But nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
And what do you get for your brave battle, into the world of wearing.

I’ll tell you as a wearer of 8 months.
You will be rewarded with.

1)feeling bloody fantastic about your body image.
2) you will look 10+ years younger.
3)you won’t worry about the weather.
4)you’ll feel great around females more confident, looking your best
5)you’ll feel great getting ready to go out on a night out etc.
6)you won’t be a victim of male pattern baldness, anymore.

My tips for front hairline.
Timing,
Make sure the areas dry, hence spraying alcohol on, and leaving till its evaporated, and is dry.
Next, wash your hands,soap+water etc. ,if your applying glue with your fingers you don’t want your natural oils from your finger getting into the glue.
Ok, apply the glue, I use ORWG, oil resistant white glue.
You can apply it with the brush, then smear it where you want it with your fingers.
Time it with a watch, write the start time and end time, leave glue for 15 mins, you can speed up the process by using a hairdryer on warm.(never hot golden rule)
Then after 15 mins + you’re ready to lay the lace onto your scalp.
I use a handle of metal comb, works great for pressing the lace down flat.
And you can get the skinny handle into and behind the front hairline to firmly press the lace down.
Also view your hair in a few different mirrors, different lighting.
Your good to go.
Stray hairs, umm it’s not the end of the world, just spray them with alcohol wait 15 secs and tease them gently ,same with glue on hair.
I still get it wrong on the odd time, but I know how to correct it if I do.
***tip**
Be gentle with the front scalp,hairline, don’t damage the skin, make it bleed etc.
Because if it bleeds your body will release plasma the white component in blood.
And until that healed a day,the lace , glue wont adhere to the wet plasma.
I’m still learning, I know the basics, etc.
“its easy when you know how trust me.
Anty
06-18-2011, 08:03 AM,
I really appreciate the time you took Ruulkasar, Anty and Paul - it really means a lot.
06-18-2011, 10:58 AM,
Does anyone have any experience with EverPure sulfate - free leave in conditioner?
Is this okay for our systems?
06-18-2011, 01:28 PM,
wow wow wow this thread has been soo helpfull....you guys are absoultely right about cutting the lace.. and honestly for any new wearer after facing your old friends the biggest battle is the hairline.

whoever said before that oh is a rug this and that. is my first month wearing and believe me this is better than anything out there! I really was hesitent in the beginning the whole idea but there is always an opportunity cost to get something and the reward is far greater.

if it took me 5 years of research to find something like this hopefully another year could be spent to get my hairline correct.

the lining in my mind also shows if the lace doesnt match your skin color
some people bleach it or change the color to your tone.
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM,
(06-18-2011, 10:58 AM)JamesJr Wrote: Does anyone have any experience with EverPure sulfate - free leave in conditioner?

I haven`t used it myself but I think someone left a post a while back re `Everpure`products in general, praising them ... that conditioner is sulfate-free [big plus/ideal when it comes to system hair] so that should be just fine.... Paul.
Glad this has helped you sparda..... just regarding the last 2 lines of your post there..... lace normally ``takes-on`` the colour of the skin beneath it because it`s more or less transparent to the eye and is a type of optical-illusion really ...by allowing scalp show-through, the eye is `tricked`into only seeing the skin, so different skin colours will still show through and not `clash`with the lace... I`d be cautious of bleaching the lace itself ...bleach by it`s very nature turns things white ....you wouldn`t want your lace to be totally white against, let`s say a dark-ish skin tone or it would certainly be very obvious.....cheers...Paul.
06-19-2011, 06:35 AM,
what would you suggest then to match the lace to your skin color something that will be transparant and not be noticible in any light

(06-18-2011, 10:28 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote:
(06-18-2011, 10:58 AM)JamesJr Wrote: Does anyone have any experience with EverPure sulfate - free leave in conditioner?

I haven`t used it myself but I think someone left a post a while back re `Everpure`products in general, praising them ... that conditioner is sulfate-free [big plus/ideal when it comes to system hair] so that should be just fine.... Paul.
Glad this has helped you sparda..... just regarding the last 2 lines of your post there..... lace normally ``takes-on`` the colour of the skin beneath it because it`s more or less transparent to the eye and is a type of optical-illusion really ...by allowing scalp show-through, the eye is `tricked`into only seeing the skin, so different skin colours will still show through and not `clash`with the lace... I`d be cautious of bleaching the lace itself ...bleach by it`s very nature turns things white ....you wouldn`t want your lace to be totally white against, let`s say a dark-ish skin tone or it would certainly be very obvious.....cheers...Paul.
06-19-2011, 06:52 AM,
I think you misunderstood me there ..the lace is not normally visible against skin irrespective of the skin-colour......it tends to `disappear` against the skin ... I haven`t seen anyone having an issue of it showing up against their particular skin-tone..... I am open to correction of course, but just haven`t seen/heard of it being an issue..... regards, Paul.