Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
06-21-2011, 05:51 AM,
RE: BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
(06-19-2011, 07:13 AM)Hersute Wrote: I'd be very interested if you would care to expand? I'm always interested in learning more so I'd be grateful if you are willing to 'share'!

There are only two different ways of how a flat sheet of lace material can be formed to fit a head's shape: you can deform the lace material with heat and pressure or you can use pleats.

The horizontal or diagonal or circular stitchings people are referring to have nothing to do with shaping or molding the lace! These sewing lines are just something that helps the lace to keep it's shape. It's not possible to shape or mold a lace correctly by sewing lines, because you always will get wrinkles and bumps.

You are not sure, you have doubts? No problem at all. It's only about physics and logic. Just get a needle, a thread, some cloth and check what I have said on your own at home. Try to shape the cloth to fit a basketball, football, baseball or whatever you want. You will see that the cloth becomes wavy at the edge.

Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery! - semprecapelli - 06-21-2011, 05:51 AM