Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
06-18-2011, 09:09 PM,
RE: BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
Thanks Tim for your honest and balanced remarks. Its useful information.

Sadly I cannot say the same for the last reply.
It is typical of the hysterical remarks that I have come to expect (& ultimately drives me away) from forums and I suppose not unexpected when you consider that they can be accessed by anyone with a computer.
Looking back I can see that the same person is the purveyor of the ridiculous remarks that started this thread and the one making wild statements that I am in some sort of disguise, with a gambling problem!!??
I don't need to know and I don't want to know what thats all about.
I'm chalking that up to being a testament that 'Care in the Community' is not the greatest of concepts.
Not only that, he sounds like one of the authors of the 'heated' exchange I initially read where one participant was being controlled and reasonable and the second was apoplectic with elephantine bitterness, bashing out the word FACT after every inane sentence!
I can't remember the actual details of the statements but the gist was along the lines of;
"The world is flat, I can't tell you how I know this, I just do. FACT", "The moon is made of cheese, I read it in an email, FACT" etc.
When the other guy wrote a sensible and controlled reply, pointing out that all was indeed not 'fact', and was merely second hand hearsay, the first one simply added more "FACT"s to his replies, as if that alone made it so! "FACT! Hitler never committed atrocities. FACT!"
It started off as amusing reading, but my interest soon waned as it was typical of the tedious, ill informed banter that forums have become known for and that drive anyone with a modicum of intelligence away.
They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but clearly, in some cases, this statement needn't be gender specific!

Getting back to original subject title of this malicious thread;
Looking at the TopLace gallery, I can recognise exact images of people who have posted those same pictures on other forums as an illustration of their purchase from a different company to TopLace.
There are also pictures that seem to be lifted from the web pages of hair piece manufacturers in China.
TopLace nor HairApparent are alone in this deceptive marketing, as it seems endemic & widespread across the industry.
Thats why it seemed to me particularly childish and pernicious to point fingers only at one organisation.
As I've said, because of the open access nature of forums, there will always be an opportunity to give vent to those unbalanced contributors, prone to hysteria & hissy fits.
I was just pleased it was ignored and back-fired by becoming a catalyst for more negativity.
Its so rare that justice is so swiftly served!
06-19-2011, 12:23 AM,
I agree with Tim.

There is a lack of consistency in Toplace's ventilation at the front of stock pieces. Some are great n others not so. However, its not that they are so bad that you cannot manage.
Having said that, the last 2 pieces have been very good. In fact my last piece lasted 15 weeks which is a record for me, as i usually struggle to make them last 11-12 weeks. Also, its important for me to know as to when i will recieve my piece. With TL, i am sure that i will recieve it between the 6th to 8th day of ordering . My last order with BA took 6 months(for a stock) n the piece was unwearble in 3 weeks flat. The hair was dry, brittle n shed like crazy which is a pity cos in the past i had recd some nice pieces from him and most of the time , they were wonderfully bleached.
It seems that the problems are continuing over there judging from some of the forum comments.
06-19-2011, 12:43 AM,
yes the stocks are still awesome. Just the issue with the ventilation is new, but that does not mean it is bad, and we cant use it, its just a little problem.

I solve that isue with gel and hairproducts so it is not realy a huge problem, but a little one which could be easy fixed by the factory
06-19-2011, 03:06 AM,
"I think the issues that stop toplace from being perfect would probably be sorted if I ordered custom units with pleats "

Hi again Tim.
I'm surprised you are mentioning pleats in context with a custom made unit.
Pleats seem a very old fashioned method of creating curvature. If you've supplied a 3 dimensional template of your scalp, then the lace should be woven/moulded to encompass that shape, in one single piece.
Its a poor manufacturer that would use pleats, as any joins/stitching is an opportunity for weakness & shedding.
The idea of modern quality manufacturing is to create a smooth membrane that is as near a replica of the scalp as possible.
No one has pleats on their scalp, with the possible exception of the surgically enhanced Joan Rivers!
06-19-2011, 04:52 AM,
Hersute, have you ever seen how a piece is made or how lace materials are delivered from the manufacturer to the factories?
06-19-2011, 05:37 AM,
I buy my pieces straight from the manufacturer.
see:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messa...TMP=Linear
06-19-2011, 06:05 AM,
Hey Hersute,

If you are happy with ordering directly from China, then why are you even on here? Are you just here to cause drama? I think so!
06-19-2011, 06:14 AM,
To cause drama, someone would have to post unreasonable, camp, melodramatic, egotistical, accusational & provocative ramblings that were nothing short of hysterical verbal masturbation.
I leave that sort of things to others.
06-19-2011, 06:25 AM,
That obviously isn't me since I post the truth.

Hersute, stop your verbal masturbation! You will go blind!
06-19-2011, 06:29 AM,
easy mates, no reason to be angry.^^ We are all in the same boat, so why make the life harder with verbal fightings?^^