Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM,
BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
This is hilarious!

He started a thread with 2 links to other threads showing stock pieces that got cut in.

Well, they are all from the Toplace factory!

So... if anyone wants to see what a Toplace stock unit looks like, go to BA's forum. lol!
06-15-2011, 08:09 PM,
RE: BA using pics of Toplace pieces for Stock Unit Gallery!
(06-15-2011, 01:24 PM)timguyperson Wrote:
(06-14-2011, 11:03 AM)JamesKennedy Wrote: This is hilarious!

He started a thread with 2 links to other threads showing stock pieces that got cut in.

So... if anyone wants to see what a Toplace stock unit looks like, go to BA's forum. lol!

I wish the toplace stocks were still the same now as in those old pictures. Now the ventilation at the front is horrible. The hair is ventilated straight down flat, just like it's normally ventialted at the back of a piece. It's really really unnatural. And any comment about the piece being freestyle and easy to train after a few washes is wrong. The hair stays in the wrongly ventilated position even after trying to train it.

I told John about the bad ventilation at the front and he said he would talk to the factory about it, then I ordered another stock piece and got another one with a badly ventilated front. I don't understand why such a huge problem is not getting dealt with?

I don't know about that. I got a stock from John a few months back,and,the ventilation was spot on.And the curvature of it was EXCELLENT. Compared with what I got from that other guy,this one ROCKS. No shedding yet. Last one from the other guy started to shed almost the first day. Plus,I could never get it to fit my head perfectly. It was almost like a flat sheet of hair Sad
Could just be a bad batch you got?
06-16-2011, 05:56 AM,
I don't know about stocks at all. They probably ventilate them in a way t hey think most people who wear hair wear them. Not sure, but when I specified how I wanted the hair to be vented on a custom order, they did it perfectly. The hair goes easily back in the front, which I always had a problem with.. The front hairline and temple flaps were ventilated Really nice, that was what i was most impressed about.. but again this was a custom order.
06-16-2011, 08:51 PM,
i have the same isue with my new stock unit. The front ventilation is not like how it was before. Please fix this problem Smile
06-16-2011, 09:01 PM,
First time I`ve seen this [ hair flat-down ] so as you say, it`s obviously a ventilation issue.... as stocks are `Freestyle` the hairs are knotted / tied in more loosely so yes, you should be able to `train`those front ones upwards... what I suggest is when you de-bond /clean it, then get a [preferably] steel/metal comb and comb the hair backwards/upwards off the front there...just be careful not to snag/ tear the lace obviously....once the hairs are `standing` /upwards, then apply your knot sealer.... I can see how that would annoy/irritate a wearer.....I guess we are kind of `at the mercy` of a large/busy factory and obviously, maybe newer staff will not be as experienced/skilled as others, but still, their quality-control people should really spot this ........you have made John aware of it so hopefully this will not be a common issue....hope that helps... Paul.
06-18-2011, 11:20 AM,
(06-14-2011, 11:03 AM)JamesKennedy Wrote: This is hilarious!

I love this thread!
What started out as a blatant attempt to rake up old muck, backfired and immediately became a complaints discussion about Toplace Venting quality!
06-18-2011, 11:25 AM,
That's okay. I'd rather get a Toplace piece with a ventilation issue that can be fixed quickly than a BA piece that takes over 3 months to arrive and then is the wrong color and density and has stiff orange lace!

Look at all the drama on his board. He's blaming everything on the Canadian Postal Strike when people have been begging him publicly for months for their pieces to be mailed! Its hilarious!

So Hersute... being that this is your first post.. which one of Gary's clones are you? Or is it you Gary? How's the gambling going?
06-18-2011, 12:52 PM,
Hi, I'm a new member to both forums, but a customer to neither.
I found this forum through a google search that resulted in a heated discussion about the split between the 2 companies.
When I looked at the date, it was like 2 years ago.
I couldn't believe someone was still mentioning it all this time later!

I'm not really interested in the ins/outs, he said/she said rubbish, because its none of my business.
I don't know the details or characters involved and don't really care either.
As I said, what made me smile was that someone was still attempting to rake it all up and it backfired on them!
06-18-2011, 01:36 PM,
What drew me here after my google search was a mention that if you got a piece you didn't like from HairApparent, you could exchange it for a TopLace piece.
I thought that was a pretty bold offer, and if I'm honest, open to abuse because its a way of seeing & comparing both companies products but only making one purchase.
As I said, the discussion threads I was reading were pretty old, so I don't know if that offer still stands?
06-18-2011, 07:07 PM,
Hey Hersute.

Go ahead and order a BA piece. Then, after you receive it in the short time of 15 months after the Canadian Postal Strike, the company lost your template, BA's dog ate it, a burglar stole all his pieces in stock, a fire broke out and burned all the hairpieces, the wind took it, the world ended in 2012, or endless other numbers of excuses, you can see if you hate it and exchange it for a Toplace piece.