Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monofilament Front Hairline
06-10-2011, 05:03 PM,
Monofilament Front Hairline
So,

I saw this online . I do know french and Swiss are the latest to hair system but what about Monofilament

http://mhrw.com/topic/26-french-and-swis...-caps.aspx

they say is better than french

toplace lovers please don't be biased

i love toplace regardless
06-10-2011, 09:36 PM,
RE: Monofilament Front Hairline
Monofilament is old technology. It is a nylon mesh - much coarser than French lace. It's robust, but totally detectable. When I got my first piece, which was from a Hair Club-type of place, it was mono with a lace front. If you parted the hair anywhere on the piece, you could see the mesh.

With the price of Internet lace pieces as they are now, I can't think why anyone would still go for mono.
Monofilament is old technology. It is a nylon mesh - much coarser than French lace. It's robust, but totally detectable. When I got my first piece, which was from a Hair Club-type of place, it was mono with a lace front. If you parted the hair anywhere on the piece, you could see the mesh.

With the price of Internet lace pieces as they are now, I can't think why anyone would still go for mono.

06-11-2011, 03:04 AM,
(06-10-2011, 09:36 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Monofilament is old technology. It is a nylon mesh - much coarser than French lace. It's robust, but totally detectable. When I got my first piece, which was from a Hair Club-type of place, it was mono with a lace front. If you parted the hair anywhere on the piece, you could see the mesh.

Agreed, when I went to HCM I had all mono, not even a lace front. It is old technology, and they still use it. If you want lace at HCM, it is more money. Can you believe for the $3500 a year that I gave them, I didn't even get lace!
06-11-2011, 04:41 AM,
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong to get my posts coming out in triplicate, triplicate, triplicate???
06-11-2011, 05:40 AM,
Monofilent ... not good for a front hairline unless u wearin ur hair forward, Some people like it for the base, but I think lace is a lot better.. its lighter and feels nicer.. Some claim it is good for the base tho.. something about more area to tie knots and some monofilents do a goodjob of hiding knots etc.. it lasts longer and is extremely durable.> but its heavier, thicker and not as comfortable.
06-11-2011, 09:57 PM,
(06-11-2011, 04:41 AM)Baldrich Wrote: Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong to get my posts coming out in triplicate, triplicate, triplicate???

I was wondering about that too Baldrich ..are you just using the ``Quick reply` box ? I only ever use that unless I want to attach pics to a post ..then I use ``New reply`` ...... it`s very odd.....wonder if it`s a technical glitch? Once you click `post reply ` it should only send it once...very strange....