Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with specs
06-09-2011, 05:35 AM,
need help with specs
hi guys,

its been a while. in the meantime, my template and hair color sample have arrived at john.

now i need to chose the specs for my system.

wave?
density?
hair length?
base type? (SFS, French, ?)
style?

Let's start with the last. I think I want Swiss Lace, because its the finest.

normally the hair length is relativley long if you chose 6 inch? I want medium long hair, so i can let it at 6 inch.

wave should be none, so straigth hair.

i think the density is the toughest. I think 65 % would be good, since im 27 and I look younger than this. my side and back hair is not that thick, but not thinning.

as style, i think i want freestyle.

any suggestions?
06-09-2011, 07:23 AM,
RE: need help with specs
Is this a normal topper size?

Need some pics to make better suggestions, but from your age....70%, bodywave/straight, 6 inch, sfs, freestyle
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM,
yes, its normal topper size.

hm, 65% or 70%?
06-10-2011, 12:34 AM,
Hi Andy,
The density of the unit should match the density of your own side and back hair. I've seen guys in their 20's with very thin sides and guys in their 60's with very thick sides. So the guy in his 20's would order a thinner density than the older guy would order a thicker density. The hair style also determines the density as longer hair adds more fullness to a unit. If you'd like to send me a photo (or post it here on the forum) of your back and sides I can better advise you on density. Remember 65% is medium density.
Regards,
John
06-22-2011, 05:51 AM,
pictures
hi,

here are two pictures of my (short) side and back hair. i want to have my hair longer than this, but to decide which density i should take, i think they are good.

what do you think?

Attached Files Image(s)

06-22-2011, 06:04 AM,
I`d send those pics to John by e-mail as they`re good quality and he`ll know what will suit you best.... no higher than medium I reckon,---cheers, Paul.
06-23-2011, 02:09 AM,
i would not shave off all the back hair and sides i woould make a smaller templet work and fill in your center area only you got great back and sides.
bobby.p
06-26-2011, 08:25 AM,
so what density would you suppose?
06-26-2011, 08:35 PM,
I see you intend leaving your sides/back grow out a bit more... as present while you have relatively decent hair, it looks to me like it`s just that bit thinner than `normal`....in the first pic near the nape area, you can see that the hair is not particularly dense.... you have a pretty good overall coverage but it`s not `strong`as such [having said that many guys including me would kill to have it !! ] so just be careful not to get carried away in your anxiety to cover-up and go for a high density which will not be easy to blend-in.....Toplace densities are on the high side in comparison to `others`.....an example: Toplace 55% would be 70% on `others` and 60% is equivalent to 80% on `others`......so while 55% might sound very light to you, it`s actually quite substantial....... I suggest you go no higher than a light-to-medium [approx. 50% or maybe 55%] for your first piece..... after all, if you feel it`s a little too light, you can go `up`a notch for your next one and you`ll still look 100% better on top than you do now and nor will it draw immediate attention from friends etc.... going for a high-ish density especially for a newbie can give you a lot of issues trying to thin it out/blend it in to your own hair etc. A light-ish piece will be far easier to blend in and you will have a nice/normal amount of scalp show-through rather than having a sudden `wall`of hair up top ...... put it this way... even a 40% system would look better than what`s left of your own top hair now, so try to pitch somewhere in between for your first one....John will be happy to help you make your order anyway..... just pop in those pics, plus maybe a pic or 2 of a style you`d like [especially front hairline] and you won`t go far wrong. I also wouldn`t bother getting the standard 6-inch length.....looking at your hair and even though you will let it grow out a bit, I reckon 4 inch will be more than enough ... I only got 4 inch on my fullcap last week and still, I`d reckon about half of it ended up on the floor ! Why make `work`for the stylist........Paul.
p.s. I`d go for something like what Xeon is wearing on his `` All SFS system photos``thread there... he say`s he thinks it`s around 65% ..I think it`s a bit less than that .... certainly no higher than `medium`....just ask John for something similar..... cheers for now.
06-27-2011, 02:58 AM,
Decided to post a few pics of my topper [now defunct since I`m wearing my fullcap now..... just to give you an idea of what a 55% density looks like...remember this topper is 10 months old and has obviously lost some [but not much] hair during it`s serviceable life.... I was delighted with it. It`s just sitting on the back of my hand and I have it held out in front of me also, so you can have some idea of it... I`d say it`s not much different to your sides/back ...... it was a freestyle, with bodywave. Hope that`s of interest....... Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)