Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions before I order
06-09-2011, 02:20 AM,
Questions before I order
Hello all,

I'm a guy in my early twenties who has had a run of bad luck genetically. I've attached a photo of my recession and it's baaad! I've indicated where my original hairline was. My recession has reached a point where the front has receded as well as the temples meaning that it's no longer an 'M' shape. I've also attached a photo of how I looked last year. I like the look of the style and would be looking for that sort of style if it's achievable (although it had receded here and was styled in a way to hide it, I'd be looking for it to just look roughly like that without severe temple recession.)

Apologies for the quality of pics. Except for the hairline the rest of the hair is thick, would this be a partial?? Also, it's brown hair but has slight blonde wisps all over (always has done, not the sign of final hair set not to return). Would it be worth ordering with this in mind??

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

06-09-2011, 02:42 AM,
RE: Questions before I order
Can you take a pic further away and blank out your face? but keep your eyebrows in, that way I can make a better suggestion, as some people look fine with a high forehead. I place my piece 3-4 fingers width above my eyebrows
06-09-2011, 02:53 AM,
Hi tooyoung.... what I`d do is clip/tie your hair back out of the way like it is in pic2 there where you`re holding it [ a large elastic band under the chin/up onto the hair should do it] then locate your original hairline point [if you frown the forehead skin will crease whilst the scalp skin will remain as it is so you should see it easily] & mark it with a marker. Make a template by using clear film/kitchen wrap and sellotape applied to give it rigidity.....try to re-create your original area which had hair growing on/from it.... I`d simply wrap the film around the head over the eye-brows..a bit like a bandage.... mark out your shape in black marker and add layers of sellotape. When your`re happy, just remove it and cut out the outlined area [ write `Front`and `Back` on it too ] I`d enclose a good-quality pic with your order showing your hair as it used to be ....this will help them ventilate the hair into the right direction/style. You could ask for maybe 5-10% blonde hair `scattered `throughout to help with a good visual blend with your remaining hair. You`re young so can get away with a higher density but don`t go too high either or it will look like a `wall`of hair.... taking a pure guess now looking at pic 2 there ..... as your partial will/would be reasonably `wide`[front-to-back] you could order something like 70% density, with the first half -inch or so `` Graduated`` so it will be a bit less dense at the very front and `rise`to the higher density where it meets your own at the back...... that`s just my suggestion ...please wait for a few other wearers to chip-in with their advice too... again... enclose pics of what it was like before if you can .....it gives them a great deal of help in supplying you with what you want/would like...cheers for now and I hope it all goes well for you... Paul.
06-09-2011, 05:10 AM,
Cheers guys I appreciate the advice and Paul yep I am frowning, having lost my hair so early I usually would have worn my hair down, this was purely for illustrative purposes as to how I'd like the style it (if I had the hair) and I like the idea of 3 to 4 fingers as I can't pull off a high forehead. What you've said makes a lot of sense, I'll be doing my research. I do have quite a naturally wide forehead, but luckily the sides aren't thinning.

How about the crown though? Would it be wise to leave it or opt for the piece to replace it. Again, the rest of my hair's alright it's just massively bad luck that my temple hair is pretty much non-existent.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but is it normal for the front to recede at the same time as the temples? I've been to the doctors and he doesn't think there's any underlying illness there and I'm in decent shape. It just puzzles me.
06-09-2011, 07:08 PM,
Hi again tooyoung... I`d say leave your crown alone as long as you can.. it`s just receded from the front and temples....no it`s not unusual at all..happens to many guys... I wasn`t actually saying you were frowning ;-) ...... just that it`s one of the methods of locating your start-point......Henry has told you of the other...laying your fingers length-ways across the forehead above the eyebrows.... if the crown etc. is ok, just replace what you have lost and hold on to what remains for as long as possible..... cheers.. Paul.
06-10-2011, 09:13 AM,
Cheers Paul! I'll be sending in my order soon, I've heard a lot of good things about toplace and I'm thankful that I'm alive in a time where these sort of systems exist. I think I have a good idea of what I need now, with a positive attitude, an attention to detail and some careful planning I reckon I can look forward to putting this stressful period behind me. Thanks again!
06-10-2011, 07:36 PM,
You`re very welcome... hope it all works out anyway ..making the ``leap`` is daunting for many, and yes there can be teething problems, but nothing that can`t be dealt-with with a bit of imagination and tips off here..... just take your time with your template and do keep us posted..I love to hear how newbies get on ...so many of the guys here will help out with advice and tips too if you need it at the start.... just do your `research` and have a few products to hand at the start ...you`ll find the one/s you`re most happy with in the early days..regards for now, Paul
06-20-2011, 05:46 AM,
Hi again,

Hopefully you'll get this message Paul, you seem to know your stuff but any input would be great from anyone. I've made a partial template based on the area that's been lost but I was just wondering....should I be having the hair shaved up to a certain point or just stick with a partial piece? I can post a photo of template if needed. The hair at the front remaining is slightly thinner than rest of head but not very thin, what would work out best a topper or a partial? Obviously I'd sooner not shave it but whatever gets the best result I'm all for. If it's partial I'll post tomorrow.

Cheers!

(06-10-2011, 07:36 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: You`re very welcome... hope it all works out anyway ..making the ``leap`` is daunting for many, and yes there can be teething problems, but nothing that can`t be dealt-with with a bit of imagination and tips off here..... just take your time with your template and do keep us posted..I love to hear how newbies get on ...so many of the guys here will help out with advice and tips too if you need it at the start.... just do your `research` and have a few products to hand at the start ...you`ll find the one/s you`re most happy with in the early days..regards for now, Paul
06-20-2011, 06:45 AM,
Hi tooyoung... from what I can see of your hair in the 2nd pic there, it appears relatively good/thick....there`s no point in shaving back your hair unless it`s really thin and wispy [it appears not to be so] so my 2-cents worth is to just literally replace what you have lost only.....you may, in time, as you age a bit more, have to `cover up`more of your head, but for now, a partial should do you..... I suggest you submit a good-quality pic of your remaining front there,along with your partial .....John can give you a shout by e- mail with his experienced advice re density [enclose a sample of your own hair too..about pencil-diameter for colour matching] ... maybe other readers will give their input here too before tomorrow.....Paul.
06-24-2011, 07:59 AM,
Thanks again Paul. Didn't send template the other day as I wanted to ensure it was perfect, now I'm happy with it, I have paid and have boxed up template ready to go by priority shipping. It'll take some time I know, so what's your opinion on stock pieces and cutting them up for a partial? After speaking with John (really appreciated his honest help) I think I can get a stock piece that fits everything but hair type (gone for straight for custom, only body wave available for stock).

My hair is dead straight, would body wave be a good idea??

Cheers again