Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template Question
09-06-2009, 11:53 PM,
Template Question
Hi All,

first of all i excuse me for my bad english. I'm writing from Germany and have a question to make a template - or to attach a wig. Please first have a look at the pic:

My question is: I have really thick hair in the brown areas. Have i got to use the red lines or have i got to shave the hair off until the blue Line?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

09-07-2009, 04:12 AM,
Re: Template Question
Hi Misterblue,

I`m writing from Austria & we speak "nearly" the same language, haha.
If you want me to help regarding some translations, just let me know & send me a PM with your e-mail adress.
By the way: the people from Toplace seem to be able to realize pieces even from the weirdest templates you send.
So I think, be happy with your thick remaining hair & use only the red lines. Looks a little like what I recently saw in the UK on the convention:
I saw Debbie cutting in a stockpiece for a very young guy...she just shaved his "middle" area & replaced it.
Perfect...within just 30 minutes.

But let`s wait for their feedback. Best regards from Vienna, Carsten
09-07-2009, 09:27 AM,
Use the red.

If you shave the thick hair it will create a mess with glue or tape.
09-07-2009, 12:23 PM,
Snipe Wrote:Use the red.

If you shave the thick hair it will create a mess with glue or tape.

Hi, just a question in regards to this.

I am getting a partial piece for my receding hairline. I obviously don't need to shave anything at the hairline, but I will have to be shaving thick hair at the back and middle parts which my piece covers. I went for this method over two little pieces.

Will I still be able to do this?
09-07-2009, 12:28 PM,
Yeahh dude its recommended you do not shave ''good hair'' and replace it with wig hair to create the most realism. Make sure your base only covers the white part you've shown in your diagram.

Theres nothing stopping you from changing your mind if you dont like it and going with a bigger base. As long as its shaved before attachment there isnt really an unmanagable hair related mess with glues or such. Atleast for me
09-07-2009, 03:58 PM,
danger!!89 Wrote:Yeahh dude its recommended you do not shave ''good hair'' and replace it with wig hair to create the most realism. Make sure your base only covers the white part you've shown in your diagram.

Theres nothing stopping you from changing your mind if you dont like it and going with a bigger base. As long as its shaved before attachment there isnt really an unmanagable hair related mess with glues or such. Atleast for me
So do you shave some areas of good hair? And no problems with attachment or clean up?

Just wondering, because with my situation, I'm getting a partial for my receding hairline. Obviously the parts receded won't need to be shaved, but in the middle of the piece, especially at the back edge, I will need to shave good hair. So there should be no problems with this?
09-12-2009, 04:14 AM,
HI all, thank you very much for the answers.

Carsten, i'm looking forward to write you a email, but i can't find any PM Button !?

my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

hope to hear soon from you.

Cheers
09-12-2009, 07:01 AM,
Raketenkonstrukteur !!! From the german A******e Forum...haha, I should have known.
Because I`m "Kahlschlag". World of bald heads (at least the ones that communicate) is a village.
Send you an e-mail soon.
And you are right: where`s the PM button??? Best regards, Carsten