Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent Red ring On Scalp
06-03-2011, 07:51 PM,
RE: Permanent Red ring On Scalp
Hi NedSlim... hmmm, usually `supertape` has been mentioned as a culprit but you haven`t used it [ I`m assuming] I don`t think it likely any `damage` is/will be caused..it`s an irritation and obviously you will need to try different things for your bonding.... de-bonding nightly is a good idea just now.... what I suggest is don`t do a full-perimeter bond...instead just use shorter strips of tape on the the system where it will not be making contact with irritated skin.... get a less-strong tape like `Sensi-tac`[red roll] which is for `lighter`bonding....also consider using a `lighter`hold glue rather than tape....just a few light layers applied to non-irritated areas will/should hold your system for the day ...also...try using `Sudocreme` as this is very soothing/healing for irritated skin ... it`s widely used for nappy-rash in babies so you should have no problem finding it..apply it at night before you sleep and again a light layer in the morning on the irritated parts.... get a bottle of `Scalp protector` too..it`s designed to help avoid irritation of the skin from tapes and/or glues.... a few years back when I wore all-poly bases bonded on for weeks at a time, I got 2 or 3 patches of very irritated/broken itchy skin on the crown... I cleaned them, applied sudocreme and applied plasters [ordinary sticking-plasters for cuts etc.] over the patches...then a light perimeter bond and more frequent removal/cleaning..... in no time the patches had healed... I`ll assume the irritation is not all the way around your perimeter area... you could apply sudocreme just before you put on your system, and place a plaster over it to prevent the base from rubbing the skin... or another good idea is peel the protective strips off the plaster, apply the sudocreme to the `pad` part and then stick /place it on /over the affected area..... Sudocreme [reading the label] for bed-sores, eczema, nappy -rash.... it`s brilliant for healing........ I hope that helps and this redness etc. will heal...you`ll maybe have to use `weaker`tapes/glues and do a more frequent de-bond..... it`s something which can happen to people at first--part of the learning-curve...you`ll find products which will `agree`with your skin better..... best regards... Paul.
p.s. Debbie has Scalp-protector and Sensi-tac red tape rolls.

Messages In This Thread
Permanent Red ring On Scalp - NedSlim - 06-03-2011, 01:25 PM
RE: Permanent Red ring On Scalp - Paul In Ireland - 06-03-2011, 07:51 PM