Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent Red ring On Scalp
06-03-2011, 01:25 PM,
Permanent Red ring On Scalp
Hi,
So I have been wearing since about Nov now and had not had any issues with itchy scalp or irritation. However 2 months ago a red itchy ring where the tape sits is now on my scalp. I can seem to get rid of this red ring. For the last 3 weeks I have been using liquid banadage on the area where the tape meets the scalp. Also when the liquid bandage comes in contact with the red ring on my scalp it burns really badly until it dries. This does not seem to do much although it does look a little better at the end of the day as I now remove the system to wash my scalp every day and apply hydrocotisone cream to the iritaed area.. I have also tried switching tapes as this all started with Walker no Shine, I have since moved on to blue liner....but cant seem to get rid of this red itchy ring on my scalp. Do you guys have and suggestions? Is it possible that the skin is permanetly damaged?
06-03-2011, 07:51 PM,
RE: Permanent Red ring On Scalp
Hi NedSlim... hmmm, usually `supertape` has been mentioned as a culprit but you haven`t used it [ I`m assuming] I don`t think it likely any `damage` is/will be caused..it`s an irritation and obviously you will need to try different things for your bonding.... de-bonding nightly is a good idea just now.... what I suggest is don`t do a full-perimeter bond...instead just use shorter strips of tape on the the system where it will not be making contact with irritated skin.... get a less-strong tape like `Sensi-tac`[red roll] which is for `lighter`bonding....also consider using a `lighter`hold glue rather than tape....just a few light layers applied to non-irritated areas will/should hold your system for the day ...also...try using `Sudocreme` as this is very soothing/healing for irritated skin ... it`s widely used for nappy-rash in babies so you should have no problem finding it..apply it at night before you sleep and again a light layer in the morning on the irritated parts.... get a bottle of `Scalp protector` too..it`s designed to help avoid irritation of the skin from tapes and/or glues.... a few years back when I wore all-poly bases bonded on for weeks at a time, I got 2 or 3 patches of very irritated/broken itchy skin on the crown... I cleaned them, applied sudocreme and applied plasters [ordinary sticking-plasters for cuts etc.] over the patches...then a light perimeter bond and more frequent removal/cleaning..... in no time the patches had healed... I`ll assume the irritation is not all the way around your perimeter area... you could apply sudocreme just before you put on your system, and place a plaster over it to prevent the base from rubbing the skin... or another good idea is peel the protective strips off the plaster, apply the sudocreme to the `pad` part and then stick /place it on /over the affected area..... Sudocreme [reading the label] for bed-sores, eczema, nappy -rash.... it`s brilliant for healing........ I hope that helps and this redness etc. will heal...you`ll maybe have to use `weaker`tapes/glues and do a more frequent de-bond..... it`s something which can happen to people at first--part of the learning-curve...you`ll find products which will `agree`with your skin better..... best regards... Paul.
p.s. Debbie has Scalp-protector and Sensi-tac red tape rolls.
06-04-2011, 03:32 AM,
Hi Ned,
There is also a product called 'Davlyn Skin Protector and Scalp Prep.' It's for people with sensitive skin like yours. You apply it to your scalp before your attach your unit. It provides a protective barrier between the skin and the adhesive. Debbie doesn't carry this product but if you search the web you'll find several sources. Good luck!
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
06-04-2011, 06:47 AM,
(06-04-2011, 03:32 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Hi Ned,
There is also a product called 'Davlyn Skin Protector and Scalp Prep.' It's for people with sensitive skin like yours. You apply it to your scalp before your attach your unit. It provides a protective barrier between the skin and the adhesive. Debbie doesn't carry this product but if you search the web you'll find several sources. Good luck!
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

I have had similar issues in the past. I attached with Got2b spiking glue for about a week de and re every couple of days to re apply Neosporin. Healed right up after the week.