Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stretch lace problem
05-31-2011, 08:27 AM,
Stretch lace problem
First I want to thank everyone who has been replying. Thank you so much for you help

I just wanted to know that i noticed in my second week the lace sorta stretched which gives you "wrinkles" when you try to place the lace on the hairline. Is there a way to fix this problem and also if there is a way to prevent the stretching for future pieces

is a french lace incase your wondering
05-31-2011, 08:00 PM,
RE: Stretch lace problem
Hi sparda15... there was a post a while back on this issue.... was / is the system a stock or custom-made? If it`s stock , it won`t be as good a fit as a custom..... I`l try to find the post later and the replies to it..... regards... Paul.
Have a look through this thread.. it may help......
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...ght=reubin
05-31-2011, 10:44 PM,
^Can you do a pleats video? would help alot to see it visually
06-01-2011, 10:27 AM,
Paul,

I didn't send my template and order it just by providing the meaurements but the first week it was fine now i can see the ripple
( wave) will ordering by sending the template fix this problem
06-01-2011, 07:51 PM,
Custom-made should give a better fit, as it`s made to the shape of your head from the template you provided... the problem you are having now is not uncommon with stock systems..they are fine in many ways, but you are limited to a medium density and 2 sizes of base... custom-made will have ``Darts`` put in it so that ripple you are now getting should not occur....I think French lace is a little more prone to it than Swiss, judging by what I`ve read.... others may disagree?
....`Darts` are folds in the lace which give curvature to the base so it fits your particular head-shape.... I`ve taken 2 pics of an old system so you can see them...on the 2nd pic you can see where one has started to `lift`a little... as far as I can see, they simply fold the lace and somehow `fuse`it in place probably with a strong/`permanent`glue as I see no stitching which would be obvious if they had cut the lace...it would obviously need to be stitched... hope that`s of interest/help.... Paul.
06-01-2011, 08:56 PM,
2 pics of `Darts`.....

Attached Files Image(s)