Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swiss vs lace
05-30-2011, 11:00 AM,
swiss vs lace
does the swiss lace really dissapear on the hairline? i feel french is not bad either but wanted to know how much better the swiss is.

I know swiss don't last long but how many months can you get out of them considering you take care of it.

also i noticed on the french i use glue but it turns white after a week enar the hairline i guess is the dirt but is there any glue that remains clear. I dont know if this makes sense but any advice would be appreciated

thank you
05-30-2011, 11:30 AM,
RE: swiss vs lace
Try a swiss front, they are good...last about 3-4 months for me.

Superstick is a good glue for me.
05-31-2011, 08:25 AM,
Can you explain how more glue will make it less visible.

(05-30-2011, 04:35 PM)timguyperson Wrote: I'm not convinced that you can get any lace to completely disappear at the front under all lighting conditions. For example I can get my front lace to disappear perfectly under bathroom lighting, outdoors in the sunshine with a mirror facing me straight on.

But when I am in direct sunlight on a side angle looking into the magnification from my cars rear vision mirror, I can see the lace easily.

I think a more dense hairline and maybe swiss lace instead of french, and more glue might make it invisible, but as yet I can't get it to completely disappear. Hence why I have a comb down style.
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM,
I`m wearing a Swiss-front nearly 10 months now and it`s only just beginning to fray....just depends on various factors .... frequency of washing, if you sweat a lot ...many things will have a bearing on how long it lasts.... if front hairline - visibility is a big thing for you , why not consider maybe a combination of thin-skin front and lace for the remainder [for breathability]...just a suggestion.... I`ve never heard of glue showing up as white after a period ..... it does though tend to be white/visible from sweat/moisture so maybe that`s the problem--especially if you only have on a `light`coating of glue.....you may have to try more frequent de/re-bonding to overcome that.... Paul.
06-01-2011, 10:31 AM,
I'm not going to lie for the most part wearing a system is worth it but offcourse there is always a tiny problem. i feel like the hairline is very natural but there must be a way to conceal the knots more.

currently i have a french. but i have a olive complexion so someone said swiss wouldnt make that much if a difference.

do you guys agree? also because of durability i feel it would be good to order french with the front being swiss.

if i can fix the hairline problem it would be gold

having said this..the hairline is still undetecable except in sunlight if you look from the side you can see it.
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM,
Do some research on black womens sites, where they wear lace wigs. If you have a tan olive complexion, you can try colouring the lace colour to match your own. Again, research, research, research. Get a stock to try it out on, try out bleaching knots on different sections, to get a feel for how long you need to leave it on for etc. There are so many variables to wearing hair, its good to have a bench mark of what works for you at this current moment in time.
06-01-2011, 11:25 AM,
black women site lol
06-01-2011, 01:56 PM,
I think you can order the lace colored if you need it. put woudl have tought that the lace would disapear once sinked in the glue wich would make some kind of fake skin over the lace.

did not try yet so I dont know if its the case.
06-01-2011, 07:58 PM,
Plenty video tutorials on ``Youtube``..just go on there, type in a few searches such as `` lace hair systems`` or `styling lace hair system` etc...there are lots of videos on `how-to` I was looking at one on how to bleach knots http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_LKdPLf...re=related just check them out..good info there..Paul.
06-02-2011, 05:29 AM,
Yeah lace is not perfect. even the thinner laces can show up sometimes at the right lighting conditions and angles, but when I mean show up, I am talking about looking at it extremely close and knowing what to look for. I don't think most people are going to notice anything. There isn't much lace to see at the hairline. Most people cut the lace right up tot he hair, or they only leave a tiny bit excess.. So really the lace is pretty much invisible. I have seen laces that disappear in any lighting conditions etc, but they are extremely thin and delicate. So it is a trade off. I have worn SFS, 64 and thin skins exposed at the hairline without much of a problem.