Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full cap story, full cap questions
05-29-2011, 08:57 AM,
Full cap story, full cap questions
Hello all,

So here is my little experience and opinion of full cap. I've already had two systems. The first one wasn't really good... Well, ok, it was very bad. It was too big, and one thing I do know now is that you must go for the closest fit to your head to have that "invisible" effect. If you like to experiment, a stock Unit can be an option, but if you don't have the time or skills, just go for a custom unit. Also, I didn't buy that first system on Toplace. Actually, the first unit I bought on Toplace was my last one and it was like ten times better than the previous one. Not only because it was really custom made but also because the hair quality was nice (some pretend to do custom made units but the first one I had that was supposed to be custom made was not fitting me well). So I've found a place to buy my units and it is Toplace. My first one was a full french lace and the new one is TL300 ilace.
And for the ones like me who are abroad : Think about all the manufacturing and shipping time, the last one I bought from Toplace made two months to arrive at home (my second one from Toplace actually but I haven't tried it yet). This is asking a bit of time managing. From now on, I think I'll order my units on a regular basis, not waiting to realize that my unit is all shed and damaged.
The problem does not come from Toplace but from... fixing that damn unit on my head. I've had all the troubles in the world to get it right, and I haven't succed yet. Bump, shedding, dirt, glue that doesn't leave, nape lifting, and all kind of little troubles that made me kind of tired of it. I have a new one, but it's sleeping because I feel desperate to get it right. I mean the overall effect is ok, but in no ways I could pass my hand through my hair, it was just a 'static illusion', and nothing close to some good attaching I've seen on the internet.

I tried glue. I do regret. That thing just sticked to the unit and never left. I combined it with blue tape, but I've finally come to use tape only, due to those glue issues. My first unit from Toplace was curly, which means lot of tangling so I experienced a maximun shedding while brushing. It didn't last three months. And those three months were kind of stressing. I'll try to get it better now.

Anyway, I assume that it is due to lack of method. You know how it is : you miss you fix. So now here are my questions

1) how do you do to get a frontline without bumps?
2) How do you clean that glue, I mean perfectly clean it?
3) How to sleep with your unit? Each time I did, hair was looking horrible and the glue and tape lost their strenght and I did use some fabric to hold it in place
4) Sequel of the previous question : How to avoid itching, because no matter what I do, if I sleep with it will itch me.
5) What is the difference between knot bleaching and knot sealing? I have a kit bought from debbie but I don't get the difference.
6) If I dye the unit how to fully dye the hair without dying or damaging the lace.

I have many questions more, but this is it for now.
Thanks for your help.
05-29-2011, 12:13 PM,
RE: Full cap story, full cap questions
1) how do you do to get a frontline without bumps?

I used glue about 1/2cm for the front. I use 3 layers of superstick, use hairdryer on medium setting for 1 min, inbetween each layer. Then slowly press the piece down on the edges using a comb with small teeth.

2) How do you clean that glue, I mean perfectly clean it?

I use bubble wrap, instead of mirror slide. Then I let it soak in desolvit for about an hour, then use a power shower (i can adjust the spray to be very strong) to get rid of any stubborn glue, when dry, bubble slide again.

3) How to sleep with your unit? Each time I did, hair was looking horrible and the glue and tape lost their strenght and I did use some fabric to hold it in place

Can use a wig cap, or spray some leave in conditioner before you go to sleep. The glue and tape will lose their strength anyway, i like to change every 5-7 days.

4) Sequel of the previous question : How to avoid itching, because no matter what I do, if I sleep with it will itch me.

Use a comb to press with the teeth where it itches, instead of using your fingers, or press with your fingers not scratch

5) What is the difference between knot bleaching and knot sealing? I have a kit bought from debbie but I don't get the difference.

knot bleach = turn the colour of the black dots lighter, but careful, if you lighten too much, the hair becomes weak

knot seal = coats the knots so the hair is harder to break off, be careful, you need very very little, watch video on how to do it

6) If I dye the unit how to fully dye the hair without dying or damaging the lace.

need something to keep wig still, like a foam wig head, hold and turn upside down, then put dye on comb, and comb through...keep away from base material.
05-29-2011, 07:20 PM,
Are you spraying `Lace release` through the hair onto the glue / tape ? You need to spray it through, then allow time for it to work [maybe 2minutes] then the system should come free with most of the glue etc. on your scalp rather than on the system. Henry has told us that any remaining on the lace can be removed by sliding the lace on bubble-wrap [the material you see lining padded envelopes etc. or used as a packing material when shipping fragile things] You should use satin or silk Pillow slips also..cotton dries hair and can snag hairs.. if/when you turn in your sleep, hairs can then snap/break off. Knot sealer is exactly that...a liquid applied [sparingly] to knots to `lock`them in place when it dries [1 bottle contains enough to treat approx. 6 toppers].....tutorial of how to apply it is on the ``Info links for newbies``thread at the top of the forum page there... Snipe has put a lot of time and effort into it.....all newbies should take time to go through it. There are some `Youtube` tutorials of ``Michigan Baldie`` on this link.... the `mirror -slide`is shown / explained`...you can use that or bubble-wrap if preferred....to clean off the glue residue
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...aldie&aq=f
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlAW0KZqfF0
this tutorial will be of interest to many ...covers a range of topics..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD_LKdPLf...re=related
as will that one on how to bleach knots ..
06-08-2011, 12:15 AM,
Thanks for your answers!

I was wondering : I have some blue tape in roll form but I strictly don't know how to use it, it doesn't seem to stick and I don't get how to take off the paper from the tape without battling and getting the tape damaged and unusable once I've succeed. I really would like to know how to use it as I don't have any tape pieces left and it is going to take a week at least before I receive them.
And for the glue, I have No Tape. It is so messy that I'm just scared to use it again (the cap is full of glue). Does anyone use it and have a piece of advice to keep it clean?

Thank you again for answering.
06-08-2011, 03:02 AM,
The backing- cover /strip can be very stubborn/tricky to get a `` start-point`` on ...what I suggest is get something like a small nail-scissors with sharp points/tips..... apply the tape firmly to your lace, and then using one of the scissor-points, go `` at`` the strip from the side to get a `start`/prise the backing paper off the tape... let`s say you have a strip of tape 50 millimeters long applied to the lace, don`t try to lift the `short`side....go at it from the `long` side.....the tape will hold to the lace strongly, on its` length, allowing you to get the backing bit to release off it, rather than if you try to lift it on the `short` side which will tend to peel the whole thing off of the lace if you try to lift it there..... what I do too is try to peel a bit /corner up while it`s still on the roll [it can be very tedious at times] then just cut the strip off at whatever length you require .....you`ll have the start/peel off point already made..the stronger tapes can be tricky to get the backing strip off of... hope that helps... Paul.
p.s. One of the best products for cleaning residue of glue etc is citrus-based ``Re-move`` .... click on the link here and use the scroll-bar on the right to scroll down the products...you`ll see it there...excellent product!
http://www.foreverhair.co.uk/Store/TapesAdhesive.htm