Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
toplace vs. ba *****..
05-28-2011, 05:27 AM,
toplace vs. ba *****..
Okay, I started with toplace when Ba was still there. When he left, since he was the main one communicating with me I decided to stay with him. But still ordering toplace from time to time. Here has been my experience:

BAs website photos look awesome. The Koreans pieces look awesome as pictured/ However -- I have had nothing but trouble getting something. 8-10 weeks of waiting. And when inquiries are sent....I am told its on tuesdays shipment, and then still nothing. BA is lying. Or his factory is lying. Either way it finally pushed me back to Toplace and a side by side experiment.

I ordered the new "thin Korean" and also ordered from John. Of Course the thin Korean was late. But I was patient. Toplace piece arrived on time and was perfectly consistent with what I have ordered - like always. When the BA piece finally arrived, I inspected both very closely. And here is what I found.

The "thin" Korean lace isn't as good as SFS Toplace. The hair is courser than the nice toplace hair. It also has a slight unnatural sheen to it. Not so on the toplace hair. The highlights were not correct on the BA piece. Perfect on the toplace piece.

Also I've noticed a difference in wearing each of these systems. With the BA piece , I feel that some people are spotting it. With the Toplace piece, I get random compliments.

These are just my observations, and others may feel different. But for me, I think Johns service and quality of toplace pieces are the way to go. And I suspect BA has not got it figured out yet. He hasn't delivered on quality or honesty for me though. There you have it. Huge thanks to John for my recent order. I will try and get pics of both pieces up when I get back from my tour.
05-28-2011, 05:35 AM,
RE: toplace vs. ba *****..
hey, always the same story... BA..Toplace...Toplace...BA ^^

i am not wearing yet but my story :
i order my first piece to BA.. a stock piece that he was suppose to come the next week... cames 5-6 weeks later... color wasn't good for me.. and i decided not to send it back to BA... because i'm afraid it takes more more times again.. i sent it to toplace to get the free exchange ( i don't have to toplace piece yet so can't say anything about it...)
for BA : he seems like a nice guy and he answers very fast to email and i really like this.. but same " it will come on wenesday... friday..." and finally 6 weeks after....
BUT i thought the lace was very good almost disappear just by putting it on the skin ( but it was the first time i touch a piece so can't say if it is normal or not...)
05-28-2011, 06:34 AM,
(05-28-2011, 05:27 AM)bluesguyjmb Wrote: Okay, I started with toplace when Ba was still there. When he left, since he was the main one communicating with me I decided to stay with him. But still ordering toplace from time to time. Here has been my experience:

BAs website photos look awesome. The Koreans pieces look awesome as pictured/ However -- I have had nothing but trouble getting something. 8-10 weeks of waiting. And when inquiries are sent....I am told its on tuesdays shipment, and then still nothing. BA is lying. Or his factory is lying. Either way it finally pushed me back to Toplace and a side by side experiment.

I ordered the new "thin Korean" and also ordered from John. Of Course the thin Korean was late. But I was patient. Toplace piece arrived on time and was perfectly consistent with what I have ordered - like always. When the BA piece finally arrived, I inspected both very closely. And here is what I found.

The "thin" Korean lace isn't as good as SFS Toplace. The hair is courser than the nice toplace hair. It also has a slight unnatural sheen to it. Not so on the toplace hair. The highlights were not correct on the BA piece. Perfect on the toplace piece.

Also I've noticed a difference in wearing each of these systems. With the BA piece , I feel that some people are spotting it. With the Toplace piece, I get random compliments.

These are just my observations, and others may feel different. But for me, I think Johns service and quality of toplace pieces are the way to go. And I suspect BA has not got it figured out yet. He hasn't delivered on quality or honesty for me though. There you have it. Huge thanks to John for my recent order. I will try and get pics of both pieces up when I get back from my tour.

CHRIST ON A BIKE!!!!! I'm so sick of this 'my hp is better than your hp' BS feud with the BA Bluesguy. It takes 5mins to post a pic of your hp so stop talking bout it and do it!

I want to order from here but I'm reluctant to because the pics posted on this forum are a disappointment to say the least.

So please... stop the whining people! If you've got a better hp from Toplace then please, please, please show me a pic cos I'm a real cynical b'stad and have been badly stung by hp companies in the past.
05-28-2011, 09:10 AM,
I am waiting for my toplace piece to come in, I will take photos of it etc when I cut it in.
05-28-2011, 01:25 PM,
If people are spotting it's a piece, that's really not good. What makes you think it's being spotted?
05-28-2011, 03:31 PM,
(05-28-2011, 01:25 PM)Baldrich Wrote: If people are spotting it's a piece, that's really not good. What makes you think it's being spotted?

Being spotted. That's soooo funny.
NO ONE looks at your hair !!

The only people that go around looking at others hair
are some of the sillies that wear. No one else does......

Smile
Fred
05-29-2011, 06:49 AM,
Same story here. On BA's forum the pics. he posts look great but what you receive on the mail is totally different, Toplace is better no doubt.
05-29-2011, 11:38 AM,
I get emails regarding BA almost daily. I said this before on this forum but it bears repeating for the newbies. BA represented himself as being Toplace even when there was no association with him. He accepted orders from people and lead them to believe that they were ordering from Toplace. He even has photos of Toplace units on his home page even though he claims to use a Korean supplier. Toplace has nothing to do with BA. Anyone that orders from this site is getting a true Toplace piece.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
05-31-2011, 06:31 PM,
I can't really tell what I am looking at here. Can you put it on and take another photo?
06-01-2011, 05:06 AM,
(05-31-2011, 04:21 PM)timguyperson Wrote: Here is the pic of the one and half month old korean piece. Notice the way it just fell apart. Also it's extremely dried out.

TIMGUYPERSON-

ive been waiting on these new "thin lace/ remy hair " Korean pieces for months and months. is the one that you have of this spec i.e. one of the new Korean units?

i had an original Korean piece where it fell apart after one month and the lace was incredibly visible