Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got the stock unit
05-27-2011, 08:52 AM,
Got the stock unit
Hi, I got the stock unit and it looks great. Is there any video/tutorial of cutting a stock piece? I would cut it for the hairline partial.
As for the wearing, do I have to use the tape on temples and glue on the hair line? or use only glue and no tape?
Thanks
05-27-2011, 03:46 PM,
RE: Got the stock unit
Thanks alot tim. Btw is it important to use both tape and glue? could I use just only glue for whole thing?
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM,
Tim.. all I can see on those two links is the homepage for `rapidshare`...am I missing something? I`ve looked closely and can see no link on it to a tutorial video...... also the reason your link for Debbie`s site is not highlighted/clickable, is you`ve omitted the letter `S`form splitends.... I`ll post it here now... maybe you can re-post the tutorial links?
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com
To iamme: the choice of what to use for bonding is up to you....tapes and/or glues...it`s up to yourself.....the various ones are shown on Debbie`s site and their different strengths/expected bond durations..... Paul.
05-28-2011, 06:35 PM,
Paul u have to click "wait" if ur not a premium rapidshare account holder. However that video is about the haircut itself. The stock piece I have has some extra lace on the hairline with no hairs.
Do I have to cut that extra lace before doing anything?

After that I would use the template I made for the partial hairline and cut the partial. I am still not sure what would be the best way to wear a partial. I have all the stuff like glue, blue lace tape etc. I was wondering if I should use tape on two corners and glue on the rest?
05-28-2011, 07:27 PM,
Hi iamme...this video tutorial on Youtube might help... she makes it look a bit time-consuming ...in reality, it takes me less than a minute to trim it off, but have a look anyway...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcVMwLYgnWo
there are many other tutorial videos on the side of the page there too which might interest you.As for what way to attach... it`s really a matter of experimenting really--find what suits you best..if the partial is very small, well probably glue might be best, if larger, you might like to use tape for the centre and glue on the outer/perimeter part...it`s really a case of trial and error to see what works best for yourself....get yourself a bottle of Knot-sealer too if you don`t have it.. apply VERY sparingly to the underside/base to seal the knots and help avoid shedding. Hope it all works out well for you... Paul.
p.s. The `Info link for newbies`` thread up the top of the forum by Snipe has great info/tips for new/potential wearers..including a tutorial on how to properly apply knot-sealer.
05-30-2011, 11:34 AM,
Good video^ important to go slowly

Those knots at the front are horrible lol
06-08-2011, 07:20 AM,
Thanks for the info. Btw, what's the best way to remove the adhesive from the partial piece?
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM,
Try sliding it on Bubble-wrap ....Henry say`s it`s great/easy.