Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please recommend a strong glue
05-21-2011, 04:47 PM,
Please recommend a strong glue
I'm wearing an all lace piece. My first from Toplace. I purchased the strongest glue that Toplace sells. i went for the product that has a 10 level of holding power because I'm tend to be oily. I know that the oild can cause the glue to break down. However, I know that it shouldn't be breaking down after a day. I use 2 coats of glue. I'm having trouble with the glue not holding around the edges. I can literally pick up the unit. The edges aren't adhering. I made sure that my scalp was clean and shaven, dry and oil free. Nevertheless after less than a 24 hour period my edges are coming up. I sometimes like to comb my hear back with a little pomade. I don't want to see the unit lifting up in the front or around the temple area. Is anyone else experiencing this? If someone has dealt with this and remedied the situation, I am all ears. Can anyone suggest a really strong glue?

Also, I'm using a leave-in spray on conditioner that I love called "Proten Cocktail" It's a pro-vitamin B-5 leave-in manufactured by Beyond the Zone. It makes the hair feel great and not stiff or dry. I was told by a salon where I purchased a unit before that the hair needs lots of conditioner in order not dry out. I'm wondering if using this conditioner affects the units and glue's ability to adhere. I'm getting a little frustrated. Any thoughts. I anxiously await a reply.

Messages In This Thread
Please recommend a strong glue - singer - 05-21-2011, 04:47 PM
RE: Please recommend a strong glue - LTB - 06-05-2011, 10:19 PM