Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please recommend a strong glue
05-21-2011, 04:47 PM,
Please recommend a strong glue
I'm wearing an all lace piece. My first from Toplace. I purchased the strongest glue that Toplace sells. i went for the product that has a 10 level of holding power because I'm tend to be oily. I know that the oild can cause the glue to break down. However, I know that it shouldn't be breaking down after a day. I use 2 coats of glue. I'm having trouble with the glue not holding around the edges. I can literally pick up the unit. The edges aren't adhering. I made sure that my scalp was clean and shaven, dry and oil free. Nevertheless after less than a 24 hour period my edges are coming up. I sometimes like to comb my hear back with a little pomade. I don't want to see the unit lifting up in the front or around the temple area. Is anyone else experiencing this? If someone has dealt with this and remedied the situation, I am all ears. Can anyone suggest a really strong glue?

Also, I'm using a leave-in spray on conditioner that I love called "Proten Cocktail" It's a pro-vitamin B-5 leave-in manufactured by Beyond the Zone. It makes the hair feel great and not stiff or dry. I was told by a salon where I purchased a unit before that the hair needs lots of conditioner in order not dry out. I'm wondering if using this conditioner affects the units and glue's ability to adhere. I'm getting a little frustrated. Any thoughts. I anxiously await a reply.
05-21-2011, 10:27 PM,
RE: Please recommend a strong glue
Try a few extra coats...it`s possible you haven`t enough on.....but please allow every coat to `dry`/go tacky before adding the next..... if the system is brand-new, it may need a gentle shampooing of the lace, as the factory uses a silicone spray to the hair before shipping..if any of this is on the lace, it will prevent a good bond... strength 10 is the strongest ... sometimes wearers have to try out a different glue/tape to find one which suits /works best for them...hope that helps.... Paul.
06-05-2011, 12:37 PM,
Thanks Paul. I'll try that.

(05-21-2011, 10:27 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Try a few extra coats...it`s possible you haven`t enough on.....but please allow every coat to `dry`/go tacky before adding the next..... if the system is brand-new, it may need a gentle shampooing of the lace, as the factory uses a silicone spray to the hair before shipping..if any of this is on the lace, it will prevent a good bond... strength 10 is the strongest ... sometimes wearers have to try out a different glue/tape to find one which suits /works best for them...hope that helps.... Paul.
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM,
Is the lace totally free of any oils/grease etc..?
That could be the problem rather than the glue and your scalp?
Try Dawn dishwashing liquid on the base and then sampoo as normal to remove any oils etc..