Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit arrived - urgent questions
05-23-2011, 05:06 AM,
RE: Unit arrived - urgent questions
Thanks all.

Well, I am on my way back from the stylist. He advised me not to go ahead with it because of the colour. He could colour my hair, but one can never be sure of the result and so it was a no-go.
This also mean it will be a no-go for me for a long, long time because I just took a long vacation off work to get this done which will now be forfeited, at least for this purpose.

The good news is the guy gave me a great haircut - best I had in years - and he said it looks better than a unit ever would.

And by the way, after talking with the stylist, it was confirmed that contrary to what some advised me here (including TL and Debbie), 65% density would be a big, big mistake in my case. 75% I got was the lowest matchable.

So back to square 1, or rather 1b - at least I now know my own hair can be styled to look decent. But I am 120 quid lighted for travel and the meeting.
05-23-2011, 06:19 AM,
Gald you got something sorted regarding your hair and appearance!
Yes it is a pity you missed the BA convention merely for the fact in meeting fellow wearers.,
I didn't go myself this year for numerous reasons but they can be useful, as i said, to meet others and get a feel for it,especially if you are new to this game.
Where abouts in the UK are you Val?
Send the piece back to John and let him know your problems with the colour etc.. and get a new one made.
05-24-2011, 08:03 PM,
May I say that people here give of their time and opinions in good faith..it`s up to the individual asking the question/s to make the final decision/choices. Referring to anyone on here as an `idiot` is at the least, a poor choice of words. I don`t have time now to re-read back through the whole thread, but I`m wondering why women`s hair density is referred to? This wearer is a man to the best of my knowledge. The chap was also advised that he might like to use colour on his own hair to darken it temporarily ...... people who post here may not always get it right, no more than the factory always gets it right, but the input is given willingly and in good faith... one poster has said you should not have to dye your own and/or system hair to get a proper colour -match, which is his opinion and he`s perfectly entitled to express it---it`s ultimately up to the wearer to decide on what to do... ordering ``blind`` online brings a different set of ``risks`` than a person dealing face-to-face with a person in a salon...the up-side is the huge difference in price...again, it`s up to an individual on which road to take... I have much experience of wearing from Salons and It wasn`t always trouble-free, in terms of bad ventilation, poor-quality hair AND poor colour-match..... there will always be issues...it`s the degree of the issue which is what matters..... ultimately, the individual wearer will have to make a `call`on a new system...if not happy, simply return it.
05-25-2011, 03:45 AM,
Paul,dont take the bait,Timguyperson started so much crap on another site he had to leave.timguy this site is not like the other one,so please dont try and turn it into that other place where all they do is fight and argue,i can tell by your last post you would love to,calling people idiots didnt work for you on the other site did it?
05-25-2011, 06:01 PM,
(05-25-2011, 10:07 AM)timguyperson Wrote: As for the poster 'Val' being a woman, I think it's a safe assumption, unless it's a guy that wears womens tops and can't grow arm hair. All possibilities though.
Tim, I introduce you to my arm and leg hair:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/dscf4549s.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/dscf4550g.jpg/
I take it you like your women rough.

So that I don't forget, I will also make sure to write down red is a no go for men.

Eh, fun thread.
05-25-2011, 08:13 PM,
OK..just two points if I may... one of the popularities of this site, for many, is the fact that the advice given is actually from `ordinary`wearers and not from a sales-type person/people ...so to have a `moderator` [there are 2 anyway] `correcting` things might actually put guys off of posting in some ways, if they think their every word might be forensically examined..... I think this forum is self-moderating in many ways... guys can and do correct each other, usually politely and without bickering [which is not necessary anyway]...I think most newbies just want an opinion rather than hard-fact answers, such as what density to order or how various bases `behave`in wear. Ultimately, they know the final decision is theirs..... and may I again say, that once the system arrives for the first time, should a wearer feel it`s not `right`[ maybe density is too light] don`t ``touch`` it [styling etc] but contact Toplace immediately ..... most problems can be rectified by returning it to the factory....yes it will delay your wearing a bit longer, but better to be happy with what you intend to sit onto your head.
Finally, just referring back to the previous post there regarding women`s hair...... I`m just not sure how this issue arose but just to say that yes --most people are aware that women`s hair is generally thicker than men`s [but not always]..... I`m not being sarcastic or `smart`here but when I look at a pic on here of some guy showing his remaining hair and asking advice on what density to order, I don`t think / imagine how a womans`hair would look.... in the case of Val [the original poster] I must say I found it tricky to judge his density -- I`m the first to admit thatI am not, nor have I ever claimed, to be any type of expert----- I think even the fact that Debbie advised a medium density too just shows that even a person with definite expertise `agreed`with the advise given on here..yet when Val met his stylist in person, and the guy could actually see his head/hair in real life, that man said the higher density was best for him...... there are limitations in using a site such as this, but the advise given here IS given in good faith , and newbies have to allow for the fact that we can`t see them in person and after that , the choice on what to order is up to themselves.....best wishes guys... Paul.
05-26-2011, 01:00 AM,
Cameraguy, the only one wanting to start something on here is you. Tim was exactly right with what he said. Sometimes bad advice is given out. It is important that it is corrected so a newbie doesn't go and make a fool of themselves.
05-26-2011, 01:34 AM,
I was referring to him calling people idiots.
05-26-2011, 02:27 AM,
Val,

You are a good sport! I never thought you were a woman and was VERY confused when timguy said that.

To me, you don't look like you are thinning, may I ask why you are choosing to wear now?

Thanks,
Jordo
05-26-2011, 10:58 AM,
(05-24-2011, 10:57 AM)timguyperson Wrote: If you expect a perfect colour match from a factory that is on the other side of the world, that has never ever seen you in person, then don't be surprised when you get disappointed. There are limits to ordering online, and perfect colour matches are one of them. You need to learn how to dye a unit to match your own hair.

Disagree.

But, it usually works best when one learns over time to order their color / highlights by number on the factory's color ring.

Unless someone has a very unusual color, dying every new piece is a lot of work that's not necessary. Piece hair and growing hair don't always take color the same way anyway.