Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oily skin?
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM,
Oily skin?
I haven't started wearing yet. Still trying to talk myself into it. I'm curious...

Is oily skin a problem when wearing? Does it cut down on the strength or duration of the attachment? Is tape or glue better for someone with oily skin?
05-12-2011, 08:20 PM,
RE: Oily skin?
Hi SP9..yeah it can affect the bond...you can get hold of a bottle of `scalp protector` from Debbie...especially made for helping with this issue.... Paul.
05-13-2011, 01:54 AM,
Paul,

Does scalp protector help if you have sensitive skin? I do not really understand what it does or what it is for.
05-13-2011, 03:15 AM,
Quoting from the bottle: `Improve adhesion for * hot & Humid weather, * Oily skin, * Sports, * Swimming. Prevents Irritation from tape and adhesives. It `s made by `Walker` who make `Walker no-shine tape` etc..... it`s worth having a bottle to hand.
05-13-2011, 01:35 PM,
Is there a way to test this stuff on other skin that works well??? I know there are a lot of people who have skin problems. Any advise would be great!
05-13-2011, 08:15 PM,
Well this is the first time I have read a negative report regarding `Scalp protector`.... it`s aimed at providing a barrier between oil-prone skin and a foundation for tape/adhesive. Still, what works for one may not work for another..... it`s a matter of `try it and see``.. Paul.
05-14-2011, 01:29 AM,
I use super stick glue, white glues stopped working for me for a while, and only use glue at the very front 3mm
05-14-2011, 07:19 AM,
There are treatments available from your local G.P/Doctor who will prescribe them to you to cut down on your oil production.
Check out the Acne forums for further info and treatments available for oily skin.
06-28-2011, 04:54 AM,
how long should you keep adhesive for.
i buy orwg, which has application instruction,but no use by date, either prior to opening or after opening.
the thought im having is it comes with a brush attached to the screw lidd.
now heres the theory? over time will bacteria on the brush eventually affect the state composition of the glue.
antySmile
06-28-2011, 05:17 AM,
Any bacteria won`t last long when dunked into that chemical -cocktail !! :-)