Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair replacement video (weird technique)
05-10-2011, 10:10 AM,
Hair replacement video (weird technique)
Hi guys,

Stumbled across a strange method of hair restoration on youtube just there. It's probably just nonsense and I'm not particularly interested in buying any of this companies products etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOPjXgZu...re=related

I'm merely just curious to what the technique they are showing is and if anyone has ever seen or heard of this technique before?

Going to send away a hair sample and template tomorrow!

Can't wait to receive my stock piece.

leondon
05-10-2011, 11:52 AM,
RE: Hair replacement video (weird technique)
Looks like bs
05-10-2011, 02:41 PM,
Looks like a regular skin piece to me. Don't let the clip where only a small triangle is attached on the back and then some in the front. That's a marketing technique for hair replacement places to bait you into thinking its some miraculous type of medical hair replacement. When you show up, they let you know its actually just a wig glued to the noggin.
05-10-2011, 11:42 PM,
(05-10-2011, 02:41 PM)JamesKennedy Wrote: Looks like a regular skin piece to me. Don't let the clip where only a small triangle is attached on the back and then some in the front. That's a marketing technique for hair replacement places to bait you into thinking its some miraculous type of medical hair replacement. When you show up, they let you know its actually just a wig glued to the noggin.

Yeah, I reckon you're pretty much right there. I was convinced it was a marketing technique and also the video is so badly staged it's awful!

Was really just curious to be honest. Going to order my stock piece now Smile
05-12-2011, 03:25 PM,
I remember seeing commercials for folligraft 6 or 7 years ago. The company claims the process is something between a hair transplant and a hair piece. They supposedly apply what they call a liquid skin membrane to your head. Then they claim to inject individual hairs into the membrane to replace the hair that you've lost. But, you still visit for monthly maintenance, where they clean and reattach it. So it is essentially a hair piece. It's kind of like Hair Club for Scientologist. I think L. Ron invented it.
05-14-2011, 05:25 AM,
ROfl@ the ionic chemically induced ionization process ROFL,, aka glue rofl
05-14-2011, 06:15 AM,
This reminds me of a very funny, sarcastic/ satirical item I read many years ago , which was poking fun at hairdressers[stylists]. It went thus: ``Invents scientific-sounding names for dubious beauty treatments i.e. Neutron-bombardment body-waving, or, Scalp electro-plating treatment...this has the added advantage of helping the client lose pounds [sterling]....often up to 100£ `` !! [sounds a bit familiar??]
Another part of it went like this `` Handling crises``.... sometimes a distraught client, who, `` heard somewhere``----- that a mixture of lighter-fluid and Evo -stick helps restore body, may enter the salon, with a sticky wad where it`s hair used to be....the most she can do in this situation is persuade the client that the skin-head look is all the `rage`this year in Paris......... well, I hope that might amuse some readers !! Cheers guys, Paul.