Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
designing a template with tape in mind
05-09-2011, 05:57 AM,
designing a template with tape in mind
I haven't started wearing yet, although I am getting ready to make a template. I want to make the best template I can this time, so it fits perfectly and snug with no ripples. I also want to make it based on tape contours for easy tape application (aside from hairline where i'll use glue). Any tips on how to design your system to make it as easy as possible to apply tape strips?

Also, any tips on how to shave the area to make it fit the hairpiece when you get it? I still have hair in the area that the piece will be going, and again, my goal is to have it fit flush and perfectly with no overlapping. I had a problem last time I wore where I could never get an attachment that wasn't a little overlapped/underlapped on the sides. It was frustrating.

Thanks
05-10-2011, 05:23 AM,
RE: designing a template with tape in mind
well for one lace can stretch so I think making the system a little bit smaller than ur balding area can help with the overlapping issue. As far as it being easier or not with tapes.. u just have to figure what kind of tape u will be using and what contour. I can't see it being a real bother unless u have a very irregular shaped bald pattern.. I am sure one of the contours will fit ur template properly.. usually the CC contours work nice for the corners or angles of the hair system,, while straight tape usually is fine for the sides. Just when u make ur template.. u could put a tape up to it to see what kind of contour u need etc. Or u could also put the tape right on the template and cut it to fit the tapes etc..

The first time u attach when the hair is long don't expect to get the attachment super perfect.. but when the hair is shorter after the haircut put the unit on ur head where u want ur hairline etc and than take a look at it and just judge where ud like to shave or not etc. Keep in mind lace can stretch a little bit.
05-11-2011, 07:00 AM,
Once it is designed, how do you send it in?
05-11-2011, 07:55 PM,
(05-11-2011, 07:00 AM)jordo06 Wrote: Once it is designed, how do you send it in?

Click `` Contact`` tab up top...address is there.
05-11-2011, 11:44 PM,
I also have a how to make a template in the info links thread, did you see that?