Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a picture of concealor fully applied
03-22-2010, 11:11 AM,
Here's a picture of concealor fully applied
This how the hair looks after completely applying the concealor. Compare it to the before and mid-treatment photos. Looks good but remember--it's a band aid for hair loss--just a temporary fix. It's messy and you'll wake up in the morning with a pillow full of of this stuff. Seems to dull the hair too.

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Image(s)

03-24-2010, 04:10 PM,
Re: Here's a picture of concealor fully applied
One of the biggest issues with concealers is the "strawlike" appearance they can give the hair. It isn't readily noticeable to most people, but they definitely look a little different than growing hair. That's why I say they are great for filling small areas. Not nearly as noticeable.
03-25-2010, 01:05 AM,
And that straw-like appearance also gives it a dull appearance.
03-25-2010, 10:42 AM,
That to me is a case of not having enough hair, and too much concealer. It starts to look like dust on your head when you start loosing too much. I went through that phase right before I started wearing.
03-26-2010, 02:52 PM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:And that straw-like appearance also gives it a dull appearance.

It also feels very dry when you have to use that much concealer.
03-26-2010, 11:57 PM,
There was one poster, I forgot his name, that said he used concealor on an old hair piece that had thinned out and that helped him 'get by' until his new custom order came in.
03-28-2010, 04:37 PM,
Toppix or similar hair fibre concealers do work on hairpieces.. but the problem is.. don't get it wet, or those fibres will stick to the glue underneath, and turn the glue the color of the fibres. It will work to 'get by' for a short amount of time.

It is also kind of hard to get off the lace, once it gets into the lace with hair product on it.