Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lace or skin?
05-05-2011, 12:19 PM,
Lace or skin?
I know there has been a lot of talk lately about lace vs skin. Is there anyone who has worn both and, if so, which do you prefer?
05-06-2011, 06:40 AM,
RE: Lace or skin?
I have skin units, lace, and a combination of both on some. Its a matter of personal preference. Most prefer lace over skin. Skin has some advantages and disadvantages. I prefer them both for different situations. If its a cool day and I know I won't feel very hot or sticky, I might prefer the skin unit with got2bglued attachment. I get a solid hold using got2b glued spiking glue with skin pieces. The front hairline for me is fine. However, some people do not get good results with skin fronts. So it depends on the person really. If its very hot out and I want to feel comfortable than I prefer lace.. With lace u can use any tape you want really. Like the strong blue tape.. On skin your options are more limited. If you were to use a strong tape like blue liner, u would need to use something like duo tack, or put a layer of scotch tape on the base first, than blue tape over that. that is a trick some people use. But I find with the very thin skins, residue is always a pain to clean off. even with the no residue tapes, that is why I stick with got2b glued on skin bases, and white glue on the front. That comes off more easily on skin than tape residue, but most of it does get stuck on the skin material so u have to clean that off..

So honestly, its a real matter of personal preference, and unless u try both for yourself, its hard to gauge from others. I will say more people prefer lace over skin. but u get people who swear by skin and love it.
05-08-2011, 04:17 AM,
Yeah... I live in a very humid place (Miami like) so I don't know if skin would be good for me. I guess I will just have to try to figure out lace.

Thanks for the imput.
05-13-2011, 01:38 PM,
If anyone lives in a humid place, it would be great to hear how skin works for them. It sounds easy to clean, but I don't want to be a hothead! LOL