Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Top Lace
05-04-2011, 03:07 PM,
New to Top Lace
Hello I am new to Top Lace, I have been looking for an alternative place to get my pieces from..I have been wearing pieces for many years but I am kinda "old school" and I am wearing an "all skin" which is hot as heck in Summer...but I guess I am used to it by now.I am kinda hesitant to wear lace...don't know why...I guess I am afraid to try something completely different. I was looking at the new generation thin base which is also like the all skin. Anyone here using it? How long it last? The one I am using now since I am so careful with it I can extend it to almost a full year!!!! I want to change my look by June (next month) and I am ready to give Top Lace a try since I have read so many good things. Any help would be great.
05-05-2011, 01:58 AM,
RE: New to Top Lace
Hi Desperately,
Usually we get the opposite question---someone that has worn lace and is curious about wearing a skin unit. The New Generation base is excellent! It's the thinnest base avialable anywhere. The trade-off to that is that I gets about a month less wear than the other systems. The front hairline just disappears on the skin. And of course the beauty of skin is that it's easy to attach, remove and clean. Most people don't use tape with the New Generation base. White acrylic glue such as 'Base Bond' or 'I Glue' will give a secure hold for about a week or more. Some people use 'Got 2 Be Glued Spiking Gel) for a 4-6 attachment and that's very easy to clean up.
Regards
John
http://toplace.com/
05-05-2011, 06:50 AM,
i wear a LACE FRONT WHICH I LOVE, POLY SIDES,LACE MIDDLE.
MY HAIRDRESSER SUGGESTED SKIN,RATHER THAN LACE FRONT,
OPINIONS ARE DIVIDED ON SKIN OR LACE,
BEST BETS PROB A COMBINATION.
I REKON, FROM MY OWN EXPERIANCE.AND COVERAGE.
THATS ITS GOTTA BE POLY, AND LACE FRONT.IF EXPOSING HAIRLINE.
i dont wear my new skin system as i prefer my lace front, and the skin front(hairline) seems to perfect.not a bad thing ofcourse!, just my tastes.
been wearing for nearly 7 months,since oct 14 2010.a memorable date.a date that changed my life.
iv got a routine going,and tune it abit more each time.
yeah i wear for up to 3 weeks, i'll be shot down in flames by some for that,its a hell of a clean up takes about an hour,but you know what, its an hour well invested,because when its doine it looks great, unlike my comming to the end of the road concealer hell days.
just my little inputSmile

id have rather not had the lace middle, just more to clean.
05-05-2011, 01:10 PM,
I know..I should go from skin to lace..but the thing is that I am afraid of the change, I heard the lace is more high maintenance and has to be replaced a lot sooner...I think I am going to give the New Generation a try and who knows maybe I will decide to try something else later on. Is there anyone on the board wearing a New Generation? I would love to see pics and more info. I need to decide fast!!! I want to send my order so I can have the unit at least by the end on June!!!!
05-05-2011, 08:30 PM,
theres more chance of the hair on the peice shedding before the lace does.
just treat it with respect, gently .
im only suggesting a lace hairline, and maybee skin, poly elswhere , to make the clean up easier.
anty Smile
05-06-2011, 01:51 PM,
So you suggest one like the Sport Base? I am so impressed with the picture of the New generation front hairline, it does look very natural!!! I would like to see a pic of someone wearing one, if the hair is sandwished between two layers of thin "skin" I guess the hair would last longer..I have never use lace before and I am kinda like on the fence about it...