Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: Does (did) your father have hair?
No, he had classic Male Pattern Baldness (MPB)
Nothing--not even a fringe
Thin but normal for his age
More than he should of had for his age
Full head of hair (Ronald Regan)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09-08-2009, 03:04 AM,
Please complete the following poll. Let's see how many guys match their father's hair.
09-10-2009, 12:54 PM,
Re: Poll: Does (did) your father have hair?
Not even a nickel sized bald spot at 80. My fraternal twin at 53 has enough hair for the both of us. As for me, I started losing my hair at 15.

I've heard to look at your grandfather on you Mother's side.
09-10-2009, 01:06 PM,
buckeye Wrote:Not even a nickel sized bald spot at 80. My fraternal twin at 53 has enough hair for the both of us. As for me, I started losing my hair at 15.

Yeah, all of my mothers brothers (all six of them) are totally bald or balding.
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM,
buckeye Wrote:Not even a nickel sized bald spot at 80. My fraternal twin at 53 has enough hair for the both of us. As for me, I started losing my hair at 15.

I'd be willing to bet that you should look at your dad. If your dad is bald, there is a 50% chance that you are as well. All my dad's brothers are bald and his father is as well. As many of you know there is no formula to predict when and if you are going to start loosing your hair. Most of the guys who I've noticed are loosing their hair have dads with no hair. It really depends on the genes of your folks and wheather or not you hit the jackpot. My brother might get lucky and never loose his hair.

As for looking at your grandfather. I've heard people say this before as well. Since your grandad gives you some of his genes (approximately a 1/4) then he could pass on his baldness to you. However, there would be plenty of people that could give you a counter example. Me for one. My grandad has more hair than me at 21. His hair is like george clooney's.