Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travelling through India for 4 months... an update!
04-16-2011, 10:22 PM,
Travelling through India for 4 months... an update!
I'll be honest, there was a part of wondering if I should just shave it. Spending four months in India is a new challenge for anyone, even someone with their own hair. It's a different world, and you need to take various precautions and do lots of preparation before going. Also the fact that I'm backpacking and couchsurfing, as well as doing some volunteer work means that I will be moving around, often not knowing when my next chance to remove/attach will be.

Well, I'm halfway through my trip, and it has been no problem so far! The weather is very hot, but I just wear a good hat to keep my head cool. And when it comes to supplies, I have a very bare minimum with me so carrying the stuff isn't a problem. I attach every 10 days on average, and could go longer with tape. When using tape I'll just wash it on my head. In one case, I had to do a removal a clean and attach with people all around me Smile This was my most challenging attach because here in India people are often packed into the houses, and I was staying with a friend who had his parents over. He was asleep, and I removed+cleaned in the bathroom quickly. Then I did a slide in his room, wearing my hat, let the piece dry and then attached in the bathroom again later on (people were trying to get in, but I just had to keep the door shut hehe, it didn't take long anyhow).

So far I've been doing the following activites:
- Hiking the mountains
- Rafting down the rapids -> We got totally soaked and it was windy too
- Swimming (pools and sea)
- Silent meditation retreat (12 days)
- Holi festival -> anyone from India know about Holi! People throw paint all over each other and this includes the hair and hairline! Then we jump into a pool of water and get soaked to cool us down in the sun and remove the paint. I forgot about my hair and got stuck right in... life is short! Took a bit of shampoo and the paint came out of my hair, but some of it is still visible on the base. But who cares, nobody sees the base... right? Smile
- Lots of yoga classes involving all sorts of postures where the head is in different positions on the floor
- Sleeping with the mosquitos
- Lots of sun and very hot humid conditions in the south of India

And none of this has been a problem really. I've been using some i-glue and some walker *something*grip (can't remember the name). Started using tape recently because running out of my walker glue. But if I run out, no problem I have plenty of tape and i-glue.

Enjoy your hair. Travel anywhere you want, go on camping trips, go into windy and wet conditions. Go white water rafting. There was a period where I was afraid of doing long-term travelling when I was first wearing, but after a while you realise anything is possible with these hair systems. Don't let the hair wear you, it's just a glorified cap at the end up the day Smile

Oh, also lost my conditioner but ended up getting some Himalayan one and it seems to do the job fine!

Have fun with your hair and stop thinking about it.
04-17-2011, 01:00 AM,
RE: Travelling through India for 4 months... an update!
Props to you, that is the way hair wearing should be. Life is much easier if you just enjoy your new piece. Attach it correctly, style, and go about your day.
04-17-2011, 04:32 AM,
Thank's for the update Mr. Burns, sounds like you are having fun that's great.
04-17-2011, 05:13 AM,
Really interesting! quite inspiring really, I haven't ordered my first piece yet but now I am going in with even more confidence than normal!

enjoy the rest of your trip!
04-17-2011, 11:24 AM,
For the newbies, that's Mr. Burns before and after photos at the top of this page and on the home page. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us Mr. Burns!
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM,
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime.

I'm jealous!
04-22-2011, 11:38 PM,
Id be interested to hear how you got the paint out of your hair so quickly?

Holi is intense, where people go nuts and its acceptable to throw coloured paint everywhere...celebration of colour. Its awesome fun Big Grin but I'd be worried about the hair. So well done.
05-01-2011, 07:22 PM,
(04-22-2011, 11:38 PM)Henry Wrote: Id be interested to hear how you got the paint out of your hair so quickly?

Holi is intense, where people go nuts and its acceptable to throw coloured paint everywhere...celebration of colour. Its awesome fun Big Grin but I'd be worried about the hair. So well done.

I honestly dont know henry!! But it came out quite easily so I guess I was just lucky:-) its also came out of the base eventually!