Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting used to it
05-02-2011, 09:22 AM,
Getting used to it
A few weeks ago I was freaked out about the new system and wasn't sure I liked it. Well, I do like it. There are a couple things I will change for the next order, but overall its been good. A couple observations:

1. I was concerned about the rate of change, going from no hair to good hair. It turns out this doesn't matter. Most people are so self absorbed that they won't really notice or if they do they can't put their finger on it. If they say "something looks different" you could say "I lost weight!" or even "I colored my hair".

2. Women don't mind it. In fact, they're accustomed to doing all sorts of fake things in the name of looking good - colored hair, hair weaves, fake boobs, lipo, push up bras, make up, fake nails, shape wear, etc. They can't tell, and even if they could, they like it. They're used to working hard to look their best and appreciate it when we do the same.

3. I may have had too high expectations for this first order. This is a learning process for me, my stylist, and even TL. I think with a couple tweaks, the next one will be much better.

4. Hair systems are everywhere. Nearly every single man on TV, movies, politics, and most executives have them. If you F it up or decide you don't like it, you're out $200. It isn't that big a deal.
05-02-2011, 08:26 PM,
RE: Getting used to it
Hi Bee... nice post with good review / observations. We all have to be realistic in this game. Sometimes we expect a `low`standard and are pleasantly surprised when we see our new system and how it looks when styled-in,and the opposite also holds true sometimes too..... it`s reality. It`s no real big -deal anymore for most people as you say, people lead busy lives and have their own cares without getting hung up on whether a colleague is wearing hair or not. I really think it helps to send in a pic or two of the style you`d like.... I`m sure the makers find it easier when they can `see` what the finished item needs to look like for the client. Your first line is so true, as a new wearer often IS freaked out by the look of a system with long hair etc....it`s hard to visualise how it will look when styled..... and yes, you can learn from it and `tweak`a subsequent order more to your liking..... even seasoned wearers wonder what their latest new system will be like when it arrives..... usually they are consistent but no two systems will be exactly alike as they are made by hand..... best wishes with your wearing and I`m sure you`ll continue to be happy with it... Paul.