Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Attachments Even
04-25-2011, 05:11 AM,
Getting Attachments Even
Is there a trick to getting your hp on correctly with no overlapping? Do you guys usually start by attaching the front, or the back? Does it matter? I haven't tried it yet but it seems starting with the back would cause the hair to wrinkle more at the hairline (the most important area).

Any thoughts?

Also, does having any kind of special mirror set up help? I've watched Michigan Baldy's video, where he simply puts the center of the hairline down and then stretches the lace and pushes down, inch by inch. I have tried this but it seems I'm always overlapping one side. And once everything is down and glued I'm stuck with that until I re-attach. I hate that. Does have a mirror set up help? If so, what do you guys use to get the best attachments?

Any help from you pros? Thanks!!
04-25-2011, 07:13 AM,
RE: Getting Attachments Even
everyone has their own method. U have to try different methods and see what works best for you. The way I do it personally. If i am attaching with tape lets say. I put the tape on the base of the unit, I leave the backing on , i dont peel it off. I only peel off the very back piece.. I put the unit on my head while making sure the back piece doesnt stick and I line it up where i want it. I tack down the back piece. than i lift up the unit in front of the mirror and than take off the backing of the next pair of tapes and tack that down.. lift it up undo the next pair of tapes going from back to front of course etc. this way I have a clear view of everything.. and than when i am finished with the base... I than draw in my hairline with a make up pencil or with the teeth of a comb. flip up the front, put in the glue or whatever.. and than tack it down. This method has worked well for me.

If i am using got2 b.. i just apply it on my head first .. on the base area.. put on the unit .. u have some time to get it right before it sticks.. than i attach the front the same way in the previous example.
04-25-2011, 09:19 PM,
RE: Getting Attachments Even
What are you going to use...tape and/or glue ? I`ll assume it`s a lace base and you want to use all tape with maybe glue for the front hairline. Try putting a short strip [half to one inch length] approx. at each temple-point/area. Then apply longer strips from there towards the back. Lift the corner of the backing -strips and `scrunch`them up[they can be stubborn and hard to get a `start`on] ...makes a gripping point for ease of removal when the thing is sitting on your head and you are putting your fingers up under the system in order to peel off the backing strips. Just sit your system on your head..the main trick is to make sure the front hairline is right..not too far forward nor a bit back behind it.....it can really make your system look `` off`` if it`s not sitting correctly there.Then make sure it`s `centered`....i.e. not overlapping your growing hair on either side. Once you`re happy, carefully peel off the backing strip from one of the short temple-point tapes and press to the skin....do the same on the opposite side. Now you have what I term your `anchor-points`. You can mark a few little dots with an eyebrow pencil around your front perimeter on the skin...... fold your system back up `` out of the way`` and apply your glue thinly,evenly and allow to go very tacky between coats, just behind your dots/marks or indeed right ON them....you can then press your lace down onto the glue and it should not have any ripples/un-eveness ....if there is any excess glue in front or any hairs stuck to it just gently wipe with a cotton pad soaked in solvent... don`t drench the area or you`ll undo your bond .You can work your way around the rest of the perimeter peeling off the backing strips and applying...don`t stretch the lace too much...a slight tautness is fine.....but if you really pull /stretch it, you`ll end up with an un-even /lumpy bond...the lace will be tight-on, on one side, and bunched-up / `lumpy`on the other simply because you`ve stretched it out of shape. You could use `Got2Bglued` as a beginner as it doesn`t `grab`the system as quickly and strongly [initially] as acrylic glues and you have time to adjust/re -align it a bit more easily before it `sets`..... your issues are normal and just part of the early -learning of wearing.....in no time you`ll have the `hang`of it..... just take your time... hope that gives you a few ideas. Paul.
Mirrors---just sit in front of a large mirror [dressing-table maybe] and have a reasonably-sized hand-held one so you can see the back..takes a little getting used-to, but again, you`ll soon think nothing of it.