Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hairline Technique
04-24-2011, 03:12 PM,
Hairline Technique
Any tips from you veteran wearers on how to properly lay down sfs lace for the most undetectable hairline? I seem to always get a little hair in the glue, or hair matted at the front by the roots sticking to the glue a little bit. And sometimes I get bubbles/wrinkles from the lace. Another issue is that sometimes after I've tacked it down in the front and committed, one side is overlaps my own hair and the other side is short proportionately, leaving too much shaved scalp. In other words, crooked lol.

Any tips with this?

Peace
04-27-2011, 07:42 AM,
RE: Hairline Technique
Well, I attach my system from the back going forward, once im done with the base, the front hair part is locked in to where it is going to be etc. so I just draw in the hair line with a make up pencil or another method etc. flip it up put glue, than flip it down carefully onto the glue. I find that , if possible, combing the front hairs back ahead of time helps line up the lace and keeps the glue from sticking to the hair. U could also lightly oil the hair near the base, but don't get any on the base or it wont stick to the glue.. after ur done glueing the front, u can take a q tip and tab it in got2b glued freeze hair spray and blot the perimeter of the hairline, this will dry non sticky. So it helps not to attract dust or hair into the hairline. hope that helps a little
04-29-2011, 08:20 AM,
RE: Hairline Technique
Xeon nailed it.

Unfortunately I didn't realize this until I started wearing a full cap. The principal is the same though- tack down the back and the front will fall right into place.