Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue lace tape question
04-23-2011, 01:03 PM,
Blue lace tape question
When I first used this tape, it felt rock hard for the first few days and would last me approximately 7 days.

It still lasts me the 7 days, but it doesn't have that same rock hard feeling.

It doesn't feel lose, but if feels like if you tried to peel it off, you probably could.

When I first used blue lace tape, it was difficult to get the piece off with the removers.

However, last week, I was able to peel it off without any removers after 7 days.

Is there anything I can do to get that rock hard feeling back? Is it because there may be tape residue still on my head which is effecting the adhesion?
04-23-2011, 08:19 PM,
RE: Blue lace tape question
Hi snell...my guess is that it`s more likely to be a residue on the lace rather than your head....it might be a bit of both too...... I suppose your head would be that bit `cleaner`as you can go harder on it with solvents, whereas with the lace you have to be more gentle/ careful .. when you remove it and are washing/shampooing,leave it soak in lukewarm water a little longer and work some shampoo along the perimeter of the lace with your fingers...see if that helps.When it`s dry, you could moisten a clean piece of cotton cloth and gently rub along the perimeter just to lift/dissolve any remaining residues... Paul.
04-24-2011, 12:35 AM,
(04-23-2011, 08:19 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi snell...my guess is that it`s more likely to be a residue on the lace rather than your head....it might be a bit of both too...... I suppose your head would be that bit `cleaner`as you can go harder on it with solvents, whereas with the lace you have to be more gentle/ careful .. when you remove it and are washing/shampooing,leave it soak in lukewarm water a little longer and work some shampoo along the perimeter of the lace with your fingers...see if that helps.When it`s dry, you could moisten a clean piece of cotton cloth and gently rub along the perimeter just to lift/dissolve any remaining residues... Paul.
Hi Paul,

It's probably not the residue on the lace this time, as it's the first time I've worn this piece.

Would using an exfoliating scrub on my head be advisable to remove all left over residue?
04-24-2011, 12:45 AM,
Well if it`s the first time you`ve worn it, then it`s likely there`s a silicone residue on the lace ..they spray the hair with it ...that`s what makes it so shiny etc. If any of that is on the lace, it will affect your bond....it will come off after a wash or two...hope that helps...regards, Paul.
04-24-2011, 02:18 AM,
(04-24-2011, 12:45 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Well if it`s the first time you`ve worn it, then it`s likely there`s a silicone residue on the lace ..they spray the hair with it ...that`s what makes it so shiny etc. If any of that is on the lace, it will affect your bond....it will come off after a wash or two...hope that helps...regards, Paul.

Did that. I'm extremely confident it's nothing to do with the lace - the tape stuck rock hard to the lace.

I've noticed the bond with my head gradually being less hard. Is it possible the blue lace tape may stop working effectively as my body chemistry may start to reject it. Or could I have residue left which I haven't got off properly which is effecting the bond?
04-24-2011, 05:57 AM,
Hi again.... well, I guess anything is possible ..having ruled out the other things [lace itself] .... I`m doubtful there would be a residue of anything on your skin as such..... have you tried using `scalp protector` [it`s supposed to give a good `base` for adhesives] it`s on Debbie`s site.... others have found it good especially for preventing anything like sweat interfering with anything while you`re doing your bond.... she also has a really nice `` Deep cleansing mask`` which has tea-tree and lavender in it .. I have it and it`s really good for getting the scalp really clean..... you can obviously get similar products locally [except the ``Scalp Protector``] Try something like that ... I`m doubtful that your body chemistry has suddenly changed or anything like that... annoying all right but there has to be a logical explanation ...try something like the exfoliating product you have to hand, and /or maybe get a bottle of scalp-protector and see if that helps improve the hold....cheers.. Paul.