Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many blokes wear?
09-08-2009, 09:39 AM,
How many blokes wear?
I was just thinking I've never knowingly met someone on the street who wears or ever suspected someone does. I do though have an god father who has a piece, and actually started after me. I've never seen any information on what percentage of men do and I suppose it's not the kind of survey that people are willing to respond to!
Does anyone out there know someone personally who wears and not through this forum? Do any of the Mods have any kind of idea how many people wear pieces?
09-08-2009, 10:54 PM,
Re: How many blokes wear?
got to be honest Ive met a few women that wear (mainly afro carribian descent) but I had never met a man who wore untill i attended the convention, in all honesty some look a bit iffy but some of them are just unbelievable they look so real. I think there are afew well know celebs out there who wear or wore, John Travolta, Billy Bob THornton, Jack White, Brendan Frazer to name a few but no Im with you if I have met someone wearing in the past I wouldnt have noticed! I also think that its relatively new for men in the UK to look after there apperance!
09-09-2009, 04:13 AM,
The thing is that you wouldn't notice a good hair piece---you only notice the bad 'rugs.' So you could come in contact with alot of people (both men and women) that wear and you'd never know it. I think alot more people would wear if they knew how good they could look but people are against it because (1) the bad 'rugs' turn them off to hair wearing ('I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that!') and (2) they think an undetectable piece costs thousands and thousands of dollars and is beyond their financial reach. Maybe someday hair wearing will become as acceptable as tatoos are today.
09-09-2009, 05:18 AM,
i wonder how any customer Toplace has....
09-09-2009, 06:50 AM,
Quote:i wonder how any customer Toplace has....

Can't say as competitors have trolls on this forum......I can say that new customers come on board almost daily.
09-09-2009, 07:17 AM,
I think you're right John (?) in the future there will definitely be more people wearing. I think what will change it will be high profile/celebrity men in their 20s or 30s coming out and showing the world how good they are and there shouldn't be a stigma attached to wearing. I really like the attitude of a chap I've seen post on hear who wears a full cap but sometimes goes bald, must be very confusing for neighbours at first but if you're so obvious in this respect no one is going to take the p*ss! Smile
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM,
I usually see guys with bad full caps that are 70 plus. Very common since they probably get about 10 years out of them!

I've got a guy that comes into my barber shop who gets his side hair cut and the top of his head shaved down and wears a topper with tape. He just wears it daily and removes it at night.

Other than that, I really don't see guys that wear, unless I go to my local hair piece salon to pick up some supplies. Then I see guys in the lobby.
09-21-2009, 08:15 AM,
I falsely suspected two guys of wearing in the fitness club until i saw them in the shower washing their hair and really rubbing the shampoo in hard. They didn't wear, they just had bad haircuts :-)
09-21-2009, 08:45 AM,
ToplaceUSA Wrote:I think alot more people would wear if they knew how good they could look but people are against it because (1) the bad 'rugs' turn them off to hair wearing ('I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that!') and (2) they think an undetectable piece costs thousands and thousands of dollars and is beyond their financial reach. Maybe someday hair wearing will become as acceptable as tatoos are today.

I'm trying to do my part to try to help that along Big Grin

With my blog, the DVD, and a Youtube channel (eventually) I hope to be able to instill confidence in people to allow them to take the plunge, and to help them realize that YOUR state of mind about wearing generally determines how other people react to it.

I have already seen a trend of more and more people posting full face pics of themselves in the 4 years that I have been wearing. That's a good sign.
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM,
To give you an idea of the geographical broadness of hair wearing consider this: Toplace's northern most customer comes from Iceland. Our southern most customer comes from Tasmania (an island off the southern coast of Australia).
Regards,
John