Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to separate the hair?
04-21-2011, 08:02 AM,
How to separate the hair?
Hi,

I would like to ask the users something. I would like to know if someone knows a hair product, a cosmectic to avoid something i don't like with my system. Sometimes it looks like cluster of hair, like if there is a group of 100 hundred hairs together. And they are a bit shine, and it doesn't look natural.
I'm looking for a product, able to give the impression of "separation" into the hair, like if the hair were "one by one" and less shine, more "free", less stucked together as if the hair was oily, more "clean" in appearance.

What do you think?
04-21-2011, 08:56 AM,
RE: How to separate the hair?
Sounds like some glue may have gotten onto / into the hair? Or is if just a bit tangled ? I`m not really too sure what you mean .. I understand [think] you are saying some of the hair is bunched together ? When you say ``Shine`` ... most people like the hair to have a shine rather than Dull / lifeless looking..... sorry I can`t fully understand.. can you give some more details ? Paul.
p.s. ... if some glue has become stuck in the hair, just wet your fingers with some lace-release and gently rub the hairs between the wet fingers.. this will help free them...then do the same thing using some solvent....go gently with it though,..you need to get the glue off the hair carefully.
04-21-2011, 09:13 AM,
It's difficult to explain it with my bad english! Sorry guys!
When the natural hair of someone which is not wearing, are perfectly cleaned, and washed, they are very very "separated", like one by one. If someone moves his head, all the hair will move as a fluid, it will move freely, like if each hair was free.
With my system, sometimes I feel as if I had some bunch on my head, little group of hair. Its not glue, but it's like if the hair are dirty and oily. But i can't wash them everyday with shampoo. So maybe I could find a product to fresh them in the way i like. I don't like they look "heavy"!
04-21-2011, 09:48 AM,
I think what exo is trying to say is that the system hair doesn't always "flow" like natural growing hair. Unfortunately no matter what you do the hair won't always behave the same way that yuor natural growing hair does.

This was much more of an issue for me when I wore a partial unit, but even wearing a full cap I always use styling product. When you add product to the hair on the unit and to your own growing hair it controls the hair movement making the two appear more similar. With my full caps it allows me to position all of the hair the way I want it for maximum realism.

I know a lot of people are hesitant to use hair product because they don't want their hair to look crunchy or greasy, but if you find a product that gives the kind of hold you are looking for and use it sparingly you would be surprised at how natural it can look.
04-21-2011, 09:44 PM,
I know the term `oils` is used a lot...and there are many different `oils`...... the wisdom seems to be [have read that on a very old post here] that certain `oils` are not good in that they can get down onto the lace and lead to knots becoming un-done etc...... when I wore all-poly systems, [poly would be impervious to most things] I used a product which had ``Flaxseed oil`` as a main ingredient... it was Excellent !!! It really really gave the hair a beautiful natural shine and bounce ... I haven`t been able to source it in a long time..... I used to get it from the Salon here but it was discontinued for some reason... I cannot remember the brand-name but If you Google -search you might find it ..however, I would caution in case it would adversely affect your base etc.... maybe used sparingly it would be ok? Paul.