Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me wearing my template (not the greatest of pics)
04-21-2011, 04:47 AM,
Me wearing my template (not the greatest of pics)
Hi all,

Put the template on just to see if the shape fits and looks right on my hairline.

Really still quite unsure if the shape looks good or not?

Also if i order ''body wave'' hair will it still look good for a fringe and 'bangs'??
I always straighten whats left of my natural wavy hair.... so im unsure still.

hope to hear some feedback soon

peace and love.

leondon

Attached Files Image(s)

04-21-2011, 07:37 AM,
RE: Me wearing my template (not the greatest of pics)
Lol you got even better hairs than me and people will tell you not to wear any partial.
04-21-2011, 07:47 AM,
Hi leondon.. yeah that looks ok to me .. send in a clear pic/s with your order showing your hair as you wear it normally [not held up like in the pic there] also enclose that pic above but clearer if you can .. it will show the factory the exact shape /area to be covered.....they will ventilate the hair to sit onto the base to suit/fit in with your existing hair... if you feel more comfortable just order straight hair, but with the bodywave, it`s quite slight really and anyway after a bit of wear/washing it will be even less obvious.... I think even a little bit of a wave looks very natural..... if the fringe is /will be trimmed a bit short, it will hardly be visible. I hope this works out well for you ... from what I can see in that [unclear ] pic..your hair generally seems quite thick.... it`s hard to see any recession from the front hairline....but I`m sure you know best .... send in a nice pencil-thickness/diameter of your hair ..about an inch long, for a good colour-match.... order in your products including Knot-sealer.... the early days of wearing are all about finding what particular products work best for you for the best hold and ease of clean-up... Debbie`s site has all you might need with a note of their different strengths. There are other site supplying them too....depending on which part of the world you are in you might find one that bit nearer to home... I found Debbie to be quite reasonably-priced, including the shipping charge..... Paul.
04-21-2011, 09:23 AM,
Cheers Paul for the advice! I'll send away pics with the template and describe what i'm looking for etc. Do you order and pay first and then send the template and pictures away or opposite? Haven't a clue how that works.

Thanks again though Paul, I'll no doubt just order the glues etc's from Debbie's website, as if they are reasonably priced to you in Ireland, then well it must be around the same for Scotland.

iamme - yeah I definitely know what you're saying. I expected people to maybe say ''why wear when you still have plenty of hair?'' Truth being told I don't want anyone to notice my recession as it's gradually going south more and more.

Doesn't help being a musician! Plus maintaining covering my hairline is hard work and takes up too much time. A hairpiece would simply cover with ease make my hair look 10x better, and for when i even do get worse I will have all the confidence to wear half/full caps etc...
04-21-2011, 01:06 PM,
Hi there,

I do understand fully what you're saying. Honestly I do. However I feel the picture is a little deceiving and is making my hair look so much better and healthier than it is.

I certainly have an inch of recession in the temples lost and lifting my hair back even my mum has noticed and said 'you're going like your dad' *BALD* (i'm sick of combing over my hair)

That really knocks my confidence.... It may sound pathetic but it really does and I also have a huge forehead.... again the picture does no real justice to what i'm explaining but I know myself and I feel this would be a great start to get used to wearing.... Id rather have the one full small piece so that theres enough glue to hold the piece in place and not have two small pieces falling all over the place.

Just thought I'd explain myself really.
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM,
Exactly, the hardest time is when your hairline/temples are thinning. Not when you are already half bald and if people can change their receeding looks they should go for it. I know it will boost your confidence as it will mine too when I start using partials.
04-21-2011, 09:23 PM,
He`s not shaving off any hair..he`s simply placing `new`hair in front of the remaining hair... pics can be deceiving especially when the quality of them is poor.... there is obviously hair recession/loss when his mother has commented on it [ as people do--without realising how sensitive the person is to the problem ] I think a try-out with a stock system is a good suggestion.. ordering a partial made to your template.. means both a 6-week wait and the price for partials is the same as for a full topper.... you may be able to cut a stock into possibly 3...
Leondon..you asked about payment etc... John usually just sends an invoice by e mail ..there is a link there to ``Paypal`so you just pay that way ... you can send in your template with pics anytime...... it might well be worth considering ordering a stock and see how you get on with that [ you could send your template to John, ask him to match it up with the nearest-fitting stock [size-wise] ..he can dispatch your template and stock to Debbie and she can trim/cut 2 or 3 partials .....] It might be worth e mailing her to get a price.. I think it`s not so expensive......just a suggestion and it will save you waiting weeks too.... the only thing to remember is the colour might be `off`a little compared to a custom-made but it really shouldn`t be a major difference...... food for thought ? Cheers, Paul.
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM,
(04-21-2011, 09:23 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: He`s not shaving off any hair..he`s simply placing `new`hair in front of the remaining hair... pics can be deceiving especially when the quality of them is poor.... there is obviously hair recession/loss when his mother has commented on it [ as people do--without realising how sensitive the person is to the problem ] I think a try-out with a stock system is a good suggestion.. ordering a partial made to your template.. means both a 6-week wait and the price for partials is the same as for a full topper.... you may be able to cut a stock into possibly 3...
Leondon..you asked about payment etc... John usually just sends an invoice by e mail ..there is a link there to ``Paypal`so you just pay that way ... you can send in your template with pics anytime...... it might well be worth considering ordering a stock and see how you get on with that [ you could send your template to John, ask him to match it up with the nearest-fitting stock [size-wise] ..he can dispatch your template and stock to Debbie and she can trim/cut 2 or 3 partials .....] It might be worth e mailing her to get a price.. I think it`s not so expensive......just a suggestion and it will save you waiting weeks too.... the only thing to remember is the colour might be `off`a little compared to a custom-made but it really shouldn`t be a major difference...... food for thought ? Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul,

Yep. You've got it pretty spot on! I have recession even the my middle part of the hairline never mind the temple areas. I know myself well enough that this is a sensible enough decision. (No propecia, life ruining drugs, or over priced hair salons conning me with their crap!)

I am young still and want to look my age without any of my friends noticing and teasing. Anyways thats an excellent idea on cutting the stock piece Paul. I never even thought of that!

Would it be easy enough to cut, dye etc? I'll email John and try find out how its all done. How long to stock pieces send and how much roughly do they cost if you know at all?

Cheers!

Leondon
04-22-2011, 03:23 AM,
Hi again Leondon... stocks are about 200 $ I think [120£ ]... as to the cutting of one..well I`ve never done it but plenty of guys have....it`s only lace [a light/thin fabric] so physically cutting it is no bother....I think the stocks are in 2 sizes.... one is 8inches wide and 10 inches front-to-back [if memory serves me] and I think the other size is a bit smaller....it would probably be best to send your template to John anyway....he can pick the best size to match it...that could be sent to Debbie [template and system] who you will pay for your supplies/cutting..... I think having an expert like Debbie doing the cutting would take a lot of the `pressure` off..... she can pop the lot [supplies and system ] in the one mailbag... I bought stock before ..only took 5 working-days to arrive here and the same when I got supplies off Debbie...not long to wait. Just e mail Debbie at [email protected]`m sure she will be happy to answer any questions. You could send a hair -sample to John too..he`ll get the nearest match in a stock to your colour. Colouring [if you have to or want to ] is not too difficult really....you just take care not to get it onto the lace or it will permanently stain it....and you only leave it in for about 5-10 mins. max......system hair `grabs`the colour much faster/deeper than growing hair......but the ``Back2natural`` colouring conditioner [recommended by Toplace] is gentle on and good for the hair and helps greatly with colour-blend issues rather than using the commercial `` heavy-artillery`` which can be harsh on the hair........Paul.
04-22-2011, 06:34 AM,
I made a suggestion for you last time I posted. I think if you did what I said, it would have avoided posts like the ones Tim wrote. When you want to show your hairline etc, make sure you include your eyebrows. DON'T block out your eyebrows because people are not getting a true sense of how high up your forehead is.

From the picture, I see nothing wrong with what you are doing. I had a small front partial similar to yours when I first started wearing as well. I am guessing where your eyebrows are and it looks that with the hair partial your hairline would be at a normal 3 fingers length. You have a lot of good thick hair so I think this will work out good for you. I don't see why you would have to shave much or at all with that system. It just looks like u are wearing in front of your hairline to me.