Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First ever template attempt!
04-20-2011, 02:22 AM,
First ever template attempt!
Hi there,

Decided after some helpful advice from Paul to fully go through with getting a system.

Made my first attempt at a template this morning! I followed all your advice on here on how to make the template using kitchen film, and plenty of clear tape to keep the shape.

I just really want to know if the picture of my first draft there is good enough to send away yet?

I've adjusted the template so that it fits my hairline and fills in the recession areas almost perfectly.

Just need some feedback before it gets boxed!

thanks, really hope to hear back from anyone soon.

Lee.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-20-2011, 03:37 AM,
RE: First ever template attempt!
Can you post a pic with it actually in place ? Is hard to tell with it just sitting there-- I`m sure it`s ok but you`ll get more feedback if people can actually see it in place.. cheers, Paul.
04-24-2011, 09:37 AM,
You have a better answer than we do . The main thing you need to look for is if it fits right within your balding area, and what kind of hairline you wish to have. This is all about you and what you want. I know its nice to get motivation and get an OK from others, but its what you are going to be wearing not us. There is nothing for us to really confirm. As long as it fills in your balding areas and has a shape that you are happy with , than its fine. For me the shape of the hairline looks pretty straight across, but some people have or prefer this type of hairline with no recession or shape. If it fits your face and forehead is all that matters.
I wore the same kind of partial as you when I first started wearing. I recommend getting perhaps a little dermmatch or some kind of concealer. This helps when you are a beginner because you might not line up the piece perfectly ur first few attempts etc. If you see any gaps you are not happy with, U can just touch it up with dermmatch and it will be fine. Or even a make up pencil or something.

Another consideration you will have is how to attach it. If you use tapes, it might be tedious cutting up tapes perfectly to fit around all of that perimeter. I remember it used to be a little bit of a pain for me when I first started. But my piece was very irregularly shaped, yours looks easier to work with.
04-24-2011, 08:34 PM,
Yeah I agree with all of that Xeon and please don`t think I`m being critical..... but I think newbies just want that bit of `reassurance` that things are right....as you correctly-say, as long as it fills in the balding area etc., but everyone is anxious before sending in the template...... having others cast an eye over it is/can be a bit of a comfort .... I actually really admire you guys who have never worn before and take the plunge on your own [template-making, getting supplies etc] .... I initially went the one of these [ total rip-off] ``studios``....at least it was all done for me and eased my transition into this wearing world....it still took me a few years of wearing and changing salons etc. before I had the knowledge and confidence to strike out on my own...so hats off to all you guys who `go it alone` from day one....well -done ! I know there can be issues..hell I still have an occasional `bad hair`day [lol !] but it wouldn`t freak me as much as a total newbie might be freaked out...... one of the reasons I post on here a fair bit..... I`m no expert and I don`t claim to know everything, but I HATE to see people ripped-off especially when they feel `vulnerable` over a thing like losing their appearance/hair..... we can all help each other out ......... and I get a real buzz when guys who were really anxious before, come back on [albeit having had a few `teething`issues] to say they are really happy and their friends are complimenting them on how good they look with their new hair/appearance. Best wishes to everyone on here ...Paul.