Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tape perfectly around the parameters??
04-18-2011, 02:57 PM,
How to tape perfectly around the parameters??
I have serious trouble tape perfectly around the parameters - I wonder how people are doing it??

I am using contour tape for front, that makes life so easy, and hoenstly that is the only side that needs to be exposed so even the side/back are not taped perfectly, that's mostly fine.

But recently there are a couple of incident where somebody accidentally touched my side/back and asked what it was, it was embarassing.

I want to find ways to tape side/back perfectly as well so I can avoid these situations. Anyone can help which product I can buy?? Or shall I make a unit to fit a contour tape in the market?? -Thanks!!
04-18-2011, 05:30 PM,
RE: How to tape perfectly around the parameters??
Are you combining the red and blue tape?
04-20-2011, 11:18 AM,
Although it takes a little more time I sometimes cut contours in half and apply them one by one at the perimeter. The longer the tape run the more difficult it is to achieve a curve. The small pieces conform easily and the way I do it it is easy to pull the off the backing since there is a little excess from the outside of the contour.
04-20-2011, 02:14 PM,
Of coz we can cut the tape to fit the parameters, but it take a long time (15 mins?), especially for short term wear i can't afford to spend so much time. I will try to get some contoured tape to cut as suggested. Wink
04-20-2011, 04:03 PM,
emery another thought is to get twin units. have the tape on unit 2 100% ready to install on head...remove old unit and clean and retape when u have time great to do during vacations or early am's
bobby
04-22-2011, 08:11 AM,
You can overlap tapes. What i mean is, once u put a piece of tape down. U can take some of the backing off of it to expose the tape, Than place the tape on top of it if you have to. This makes it a lot easier to get the tapes lined up perfect up to the edge. It is ok to overlap the tapes. Just peel up some of the backing, place the tape where u need it, and than u can put back down the backing. Also if you make ur hair system a little smaller than ur balding area that helps too. Sometimes the tape overlaps ur own growing hair and doesnt attack firmly to the scalp.

Some people prefer liquid glues to get a flush/flat attachment to the scalp. Hope this helps