Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports and Top Lace hair
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM,
Sports and Top Lace hair
I've been talking to John since December on getting hair. Had a lot of doubts and just being downright scared (honestly, I'm 25, but this feels like the biggest decision of my life to this point).

Anyway, I am super active. Played baseball in college, play tennis and basketball all the time. Ride my bike a ton. You get the picture.

My question is, how are people's experience with these sports? I figure tennis would mostly be fine, biking is fine...any problems with basketball players? What about wearing a hat for baseball? Can you take hats on and off easily or will the hair peel off with the hat?
04-18-2011, 02:51 PM,
RE: Sports and Top Lace hair
I play ice hockey need to wear helmet, and I play soccer using header quite often... I play 1 to 2 days of active sports per week, that also include basketball tennis. PLUS, I live in a very humid side of the earth, it is often 30 degree C +. I don't recommend wearing hat tho, it makes your hair look crap afterward~!

Once you get the hang of it, there is no problem of actiev lifestyle with toplace.
04-19-2011, 02:12 AM,
I was thinking that having lace will allow the sweat to run through the system because of the all little holes that lace has...of course if you have just a perimeter bond
04-19-2011, 03:23 AM,
(04-19-2011, 02:12 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: I was thinking that having lace will allow the sweat to run through the system because of the all little holes that lace has...of course if you have just a perimeter bond

That`s one of the benefits of lace....breathe-ability and when showering, water can flow through and wash /dilute most of the acids left by sweat..of course the perimeter area will be the thing to keep an eye on....if a wearer is going to be very physically active, well a more frequent de-bond /cleaning will be necessary both from the hygiene angle and profuse sweating will usually lead to itchiness and `early` tape/ glue break-down....it`s not a major issue.... just common sense. Wearing need not impact your life too severely..you will learn to work around things... and develop your own routine. I`d simply use a medium -strength bonding product for ease of removal..... I just think that something like Ghost bond or Ultra hold might be too strong for such an active person, where a more frequent de/re will be required.... again I guess it`s part of the individual early learning-curve. He could also use/wear the Toplace `exercise`base for the active days and keep a `` good`` all-lace base for `normal`wear. Regards, Paul.
p.s. As he`s in a humid climate, he might have to try the stronger adhesives/ tapes initially to see how they hold up....and an individual`s own physiological chemistry can affect bonding products in different ways, he`ll have to see which one will work best for him.....all he has to do is read the post from Mr Burns to see how his bonds held up in India and the rough-handling it got.