Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
22 yr old guy needs help
04-16-2011, 08:02 AM,
22 yr old guy needs help
Hello,
I am a long time lurker of this forum and I have been browsing this forum alot lately.
I am a 22 year old guy with really dark hairs but my hairline and temples are receded alot lately. At first I thought of getting a full topper because I just can't live with wearing a hat all the time. After reading many posts about partial hairline/temple piece, I want to give it a shot. Since my hairline is receded a bit and I want to use a piece that will give me hairline from my teen age hairs. Since I wear my hairs long, I think the blending will be easy.

Is it possible if I can use just 1 partial piece for both temples + around half an inch of the hairline. I am posting few pics of my hairlines/temples. Please advice.
Also, the style I want to achieve is this one
http://www.koolmuzone.com/main/wp-conten...-Zafar.jpg

Attached Files Image(s)

04-16-2011, 02:08 PM,
RE: 22 yr old guy needs help
LOL! It looks like you already have a piece Wink

Dude, enjoy it while you have that hair cuz in five years it'll be worse and then you can consider wearing.
04-16-2011, 02:47 PM,
I don't think I can live normally with the current state of my hairs. My hairline has receded back alot and I am not able to keep my long hair style..

I think I will go with the partial that covers a small part of the hairline too probably half an inch and an inch on the temples. I am sure if I don't take any action now I will regret it. Receded hairline really make my looks complete worse. You think I should buy a stock piece with 80% density and cut out the partial myself? or should I make a template for partial hairline piece myself?
I haven't seen any video that shows how to make template for partials, is the same procedure?

Thanks
04-16-2011, 04:05 PM,
(04-16-2011, 02:47 PM)iamme Wrote: I don't think I can live normally with the current state of my hairs. My hairline has receded back alot and I am not able to keep my long hair style..

I think I will go with the partial that covers a small part of the hairline too probably half an inch and an inch on the temples. I am sure if I don't take any action now I will regret it. Receded hairline really make my looks complete worse. You think I should buy a stock piece with 80% density and cut out the partial myself? or should I make a template for partial hairline piece myself?
I haven't seen any video that shows how to make template for partials, is the same procedure?

Thanks

There's no way you should go for 80% - while you have very thick hair, 80 is way, way, way too thick. Don't even think about it.

70-75% should be the range you go for.

Do you think you can post some pictures with the camera a bit further back - sometimes with the camera is that close you can get an unrealistic view, and while the recession doesn't look that bad in that photo, it could be worse for all we know.

I only had a receding hairline (it was more than yours though) - I wouldn't recommend a partial. That is my personal opinion. I just think it is so much work to getting it to look natural than you would just shaving your whole head and getting a topper.

Up to you. My advice would be:
70-75% density, not 80.
Post pictures from further back, so we can see whether you need one or not.
Don't use partials, use a full topper, if after viewing the pictures I think you need one.
04-16-2011, 05:25 PM,
My current hair from far angle. I wear them like that so they are styled but it looks so pathetic when its even a bit windy...
I will post more of the hairline later

Attached Files Image(s)

04-16-2011, 08:56 PM,
I`m glad a few other readers chipped -in ...I was hoping you would, before I added my 2 -cents worth !
I guess the original poster is [ like us all] `conscious`of his hair receding ..it`s `real`for him and you know how it is/can be ...we get a bit fixated on it. Having said that, I`m inclined to agree from what I can see, it`s a bit early yet to be considering replacement ..also, such a thin strip of lace at the front there would be very `fiddly`to be working with....yes the temples have receded a bit but I think it`s not too noticeable yet and as your hair is on the long side, it would not be too noticeable unless, as stated, the wind blows the hair about...now I wonder if you tried a shorter hair-style .....a kind of `new look`....it might look good and the natural bit of recession of the temples would actually `sit` very well....at the moment that`s quite a normal amount of recession and is totally natural for your age ....no one`s hair stays like a teenager forever as we know, but I think at this point in time you may just be being a little hasty...... keep an eye on it and see how it goes... having said that I fully `get ` how you are conscious of it....but honestly it looks fine to me ... I wouldn`t mind swopping places with you !! lol. Paul.
04-16-2011, 10:45 PM,
I know that picture might be deceiving, but from that, you have all thick hair and you couldn't tell the hairline has receded.

Trust me, I know why you are thinking about doing this, I was like you. I waited until mine receded to the point where it was impossible to style and to get it looking decent.

With your hair there, unless the pictures are deceiving, it doesn't look like you need a piece just yet.
04-17-2011, 02:46 AM,
Yeah, you're not balding: at least not yet. What you are experiencing is simply the recession that comes with age to non-balding people. Be thankful.
04-17-2011, 02:55 AM,
At 22 some hairlines due start recede a little bit..You could very well have no more recession or lose anymore hair. If I was you I'd keep it as is. If it gets worse over the next few years then go for a piece.
04-17-2011, 05:18 AM,
in the first couple of pictures, it is good to leave ur eyebrows so people have an idea how far up your temples are receded. When you are young and first starting to thin or natural recession, you can be overly critical of yourself.. It is not till you lose all of your hair when your brain matures and realizes,,, wow ... i stressed out back than.. what a fool!! And it will happen to you MARK MY WORDS.. I also wore a small partial.

I am not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do you. YOu are obviously not happy right now regardless what others who are much more bald than you think.. you have a few options. You could get a stock piece and cut it the way you want.. or you could get a custom piece. doing the temple for a custom piece is kind of the same thing/procedure. The shape of a small partial like that is not as important, mine were flat actually.

The thing is, u have to decide whether you just want two small pieces for the temples, or you want one piece that extends over your front center hairline like you did in the picture.