Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Need help!
04-15-2011, 03:47 PM,
Newbie Need help!
Hi,

So lost on deciding whats best to order lace-wise for a partial hairline unit?
Any partial wearers on wearers with enough experience able to help guide on ordering a partial?

I have think hair at the back but just a horrible receded hairline Sad I straighten my naturally wavy hair almost everyday and I don't know whether to order a piece with straight hair or body wave? what makes sense?

also making a template how do I go about doing it for a partial??

would really appreciate some help guys!

thanks!

leondon90
04-15-2011, 10:19 PM,
RE: Newbie Need help!
Hello leondon90..can you post a pic of the area to be covered ? Also, partials have been well-covered/discussed over the last few months ...just do a search in the search-bar for `partial templates`.. .. I`d suggest you get `body-wave`..it`s just one step off straight hair.French lace is a bit more robust than Swiss....depends on how you wear your hair ...if it`s not an exposed hairline, I`d suggest French...Swiss is best for exposed styles....the trade-off is Swiss may not last as long in wear...as for template-making.....I`d just mist the head / forehead area, then lay a good length across the top /forehead area.....tie it loosely under the chin....there are pics /advice on the `` Info links for newbies` link on the top of the page there. Just build it up [strengthen it ]with sellotape ..... once it`s secure/strong just mark the area requiring coverage with a marker.... just simply cut out the marked shape.....you can apply a few more layers of tape just to give it rigidity. Regards, paul.
04-16-2011, 02:37 AM,
(04-15-2011, 10:19 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hello leondon90..can you post a pic of the area to be covered ? Also, partials have been well-covered/discussed over the last few months ...just do a search in the search-bar for `partial templates`.. .. I`d suggest you get `body-wave`..it`s just one step off straight hair.French lace is a bit more robust than Swiss....depends on how you wear your hair ...if it`s not an exposed hairline, I`d suggest French...Swiss is best for exposed styles....the trade-off is Swiss may not last as long in wear...as for template-making.....I`d just mist the head / forehead area, then lay a good length across the top /forehead area.....tie it loosely under the chin....there are pics /advice on the `` Info links for newbies` link on the top of the page there. Just build it up [strengthen it ]with sellotape ..... once it`s secure/strong just mark the area requiring coverage with a marker.... just simply cut out the marked shape.....you can apply a few more layers of tape just to give it rigidity. Regards, paul.

Thanks Paul!

I needed that advice. I'm past speaking to places such as white cliffs and advanced hair studio. They just try con me into other things such as drugs etc when I directly told them I only want to wear partials to cover the receding area, but they were quoting me prices such as £500 etc. Just complete nonsense really!

I'll start on the template soon and get some pics up by the weekend to see if it looks good enough to send away.

thanks again!
04-16-2011, 03:56 AM,
Hi again .. yeah I was a `victim` of one of the ones you mentioned.....avoid at all costs [and `COST`sure is the operative word !! ] If you post a pic of your present state of thinning/loss, you`ll get a bit more advice [density etc] ...but do have a look through the previous posts there and definitely look through the `info links` up top for practical `how-to` pics on Template making..... If I was going for a partial, I reckon I`d start as if I was going for a topper ,in the amount/area of my head I`d cover with film....once it`s secured, you can simply mark out and then cut out your required template..... I mean if you just placed a strip of film across your head ear-to ear, it will slip about on you and make your task next to impossible..... place a really long strip in place, tie loosely under the chin and ` work away`...... bye for now.. Paul.