Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what should I do :/
04-14-2011, 04:32 PM,
what should I do :/
So I am only 19 years old with a bad hairline so I finally ordered a stock swiss unit make the front look better! But for some reason the unit being shipped to me is french unit.. I have no idea why, and I already paid for it. The problem is that I am only 19 years old and I want the most undectable unit possible.. I could care less if it is not as durable I have zero desire to wear a french unit it will prolly just end up in the trash. So now am i stuck with this? The problem is I am leaving may 3rd and I will be gone for 3 months so I need my unit before then so I feel like it would take to long to have it replaced... Idk what to do =( maybe the hair wearing game isnt for me. I didnt realize things like this get messed up so frequently. If anyone has any idea what I should do please let me know
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM,
RE: what should I do :/
Hello michael..... I take it you were told that a French lace system has been shipped ? There actually is very little difference in them mate...but I totally understand what you`re saying.I`m sure if you just contact Toplace, they`ll ship a replacement Swiss lace instead..you can simply send the original one back when it arrives.... I`m sure you`ll have it before May3rd... mine usually arrive in 4-5 days from USA and I`m in Ireland... I can`t imagine they had no stock Swiss units to hand.. .. don`t throw your system away man...just return it and I`m sure John will rush you what you actually require in the meantime....sounds `strange`to me...do let us know how it goes.. best wishes.. Paul.
04-15-2011, 09:29 PM,
Hmm.. now I`m not so sure that all stocks are French lace.... I`ve just been trawling through the older posts on this ....have copied an older post by Biltmore here.... now this has raised a `dilemma` for me .... I`m not saying you are wrong there timguyperson...just that I had always assumed/thought stocks were/are available in both types of lace....maybe that has changed to French lace only ? Hopefully someone can clarify / `nail`this point for us... I`m interested to know the position....... I do concur with the view that there is very little difference between the two laces.....the Swiss is about the best though for a very exposed/swept-back style...... otherwise French will do just fine. For michael there [original poster] I can fully understand your concerns as I said before, but you may just be `` crossing your bridges before you come to them ``....... because you`ve never seen / had any type of lace system in your hands, you [ naturally ] will have a pre-conceived idea of what it`s like..... wait until it arrives, and you`ll most likely be pleasantly-surprised....keep us posted. Paul.

01-07-2011, 12:01 AM Post: #7
Biltmore602

RE: Final Questions Before ordering Smile
All the stock units are freestyle with 65% density, and the SFS base. And then it depends on if he has your color in stock. I went with a medium dark brown.
04-15-2011, 11:33 PM,
Oh right..it`s `new`on me anyway ...but handy to know for future reference.. thanks...
04-16-2011, 02:51 AM,
This is John's own comment from this forum in which he announces the selling of stock units:

"If you'd like to order a stock unit please write to [email protected] or call the toll free number: 888-986-7522. Stock units cost $175.00 plus $10.00 S&H in the USA. All stock units are Super Fine Swiss lace, 8" x 10", medium density, body wave and 6" hair length. Stock units can be shipped the same day you order. Thank you!"

John told me before that all stock systems are SFS (Swiss), as well. So if they are french now, its news to me. I'll email John and ask for clarification.
04-16-2011, 03:54 AM,
Hi Biltmore.... yeah I was under the impression they were [well, used to be ] Superfine Swiss. Yeah... would be good to clear this up.... Paul.
04-16-2011, 08:34 PM,
Obviously we need clarification from John. He told me stock units are SFS and it looks like he told you they are French. I have emailed him but he hasn't responded
04-16-2011, 09:03 PM,
Yeah..he`s a bit behind with replies just now .. I guess with all the new people coming on board, he`s probably very busy..he`ll get back to you......let us know the answer anyway ..cheers.
04-17-2011, 05:22 AM,
Did you try it against ur skin yet? At least try it.. see how it disappears.. And u don't always have to wear a style thats slicked back and totally exposes your hairline. Theres a million diff hair styles that look good that doesn't need a fully exposed hairline.
04-20-2011, 11:38 AM,
I agree with the others- the difference between swiss and french is minimal. Both are very difficult to detect by sight, and swiss is only slightly less detectable to touch. The key is making sure all of the edges are tacked down. As long as you keep your attachments touched up either base will work fine.